VW GUI on various OS
Author Message
 VW GUI on various OS

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:19:35 -0400, "Vlastimil Adamovsky"

Quote:

>Just wondering.....
>Has VW5i4 and 7 been developed and tested on Unix or Windows...

Yes

Quote:
>On MS Windows, the GUI behaves quite strangely .....
>Specially all waitSomething messages will halt all windows and you are not
>able to do anything.
>Is there some yield or doEvents messages that would allow other windows to
>work in meantime?

That's because they are modal dialogs.
Quote:
>I am aware, that it is being worked on GUI improvements, so maybe my remark
>has no value...

>Vlastik

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:18:19 GMT
 VW GUI on various OS

Quote:
>I mean, all other VW windows stop repainting themselves which is not very
>nice. I have not
>tested this case  on Unix, but I think VW generally  is working much nicer
>on UNIX ..

That's a known issue that we intend to fix
Quote:
>Vlastik

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:26:44 GMT
 VW GUI on various OS

Quote:
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:19:35 -0400, "Vlastimil Adamovsky"

>>Just wondering.....
>>Has VW5i4 and 7 been developed and tested on Unix or Windows...

> Yes

>>On MS Windows, the GUI behaves quite strangely .....
>>Specially all waitSomething messages will halt all windows and you are
>>not able to do anything.
>>Is there some yield or doEvents messages that would allow other
>>windows to work in meantime?

While the GUI is not my speciality, I wonder why you are sending those
messages. They seem quite low-level, and as far as I can see are only
used in detecting things like double-clicks.  Just using a modal
Smalltalk dialog, for example, does not cause this behaviour.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development

http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"I think we've shown simplicity to the world ... but I don't think we've
jammed simplicity down the throat of the world to the extent that we
really should have" - Ron Jeffries

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:32:51 GMT

1. SysVersion on various OS's

2. QUERY: Various Smalltalk, Opinions on these various

3. I don't like VW GUI framework....

4. GUI Builder for VW

5. VW DHTML GUI

6. VW 1.0 GUI support

7. Automatic GUI testing of Envy/VW apps???

8. Books on gui design [vw]

9. Displaying Uincode characters in a VW GUI

10. VW GUI question !

11. Envy GUI VW help

12. ** APS (GUI) opportunity ** APS (GUI) ** APS (GUI) Experience required