VW 2.5 startup screen HELP
Author Message
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Hello all,
        Could somebody please tell me how to change the splash screen that
appears when i start up my object engine (Virtual machine. . .whatever
u prefer )  in Visual Works 2.5 ? (The black & red one that says
Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )

thanks. . .

Sam Hammer

Sat, 06 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Quote:

>Hello all,
>    Could somebody please tell me how to change the splash screen that
>appears when i start up my object engine (Virtual machine. . .whatever
>u prefer )  in Visual Works 2.5 ? (The black & red one that says
>Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )
>thanks. . .
>Sam Hammer

I believe you can do that with any Windows Resource Editor. You have
to use that on the Virtual Machine !!!

Frank

Frank Sauer
Center for Medical Imaging and Medical Informatics

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Quote:

> >Hello all,
> >       Could somebody please tell me how to change the splash screen that
> >appears when i start up my object engine (Virtual machine. . .whatever
> >u prefer )  in Visual Works 2.5 ? (The black & red one that says
> >Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )

> >thanks. . .

> >Sam Hammer

> I believe you can do that with any Windows Resource Editor. You have
> to use that on the Virtual Machine !!!

Unless, of course, he's not using Windows.

Talk to PP Tech support.  They have the answer - I know, cause I gave it
to them.

Lee Ann Rucker
Formerly Mac & OS/2 VMs at PPS (not PPD)
Currently JavaSoft

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Quote:

> Unless, of course, he's not using Windows.

NOT USE WINDOWS --- Naaaah.  Who whould use anything else?

Sincerely,
A UNIX Developer

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Quote:

>> >Hello all,
>> >       Could somebody please tell me how to change the splash screen that
>> >appears when i start up my object engine (Virtual machine. . .whatever
>> >u prefer )  in Visual Works 2.5 ? (The black & red one that says
>> >Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )

>> >thanks. . .

>> >Sam Hammer

>> I believe you can do that with any Windows Resource Editor. You have
>> to use that on the Virtual Machine !!!
>Unless, of course, he's not using Windows.
>Talk to PP Tech support.  They have the answer - I know, cause I gave it
>to them.
>Lee Ann Rucker
>Formerly Mac & OS/2 VMs at PPS (not PPD)
>Currently JavaSoft

The UNIX versions do not have a start-up screen...

Frank Sauer

Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Quote:

>NOT USE WINDOWS --- Naaaah.  Who whould use anything else?

Because - perhaps - customers don't change their OS just
because to run your programs? ;-))

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust // ...come on, kiss the frog
        http://www.kiel.netsurf.de/users/s/sma/

Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Quote:
(Frank Sauer) writes:
>>Hello all,
>>        Could somebody please tell me how to change the splash screen that
>>appears when i start up my object engine (Virtual machine. . .whatever
>>u prefer )  in Visual Works 2.5 ? (The black & red one that says
>>Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )

>>thanks. . .

>>Sam Hammer

You can choose two things:
a: to supress the splash screen alltogether your command line to start VW
should look like: ' VW.EXE -nologo your_image.im'
b: You can relink VM with your own bitmap to replace
Quote:
>> (The black & red one that says
>>Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )

But then you still see the copyright note (C) Parcplce-Digitalk....

If you need more details e-mail me.
Mark

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

Quote:

> (Frank Sauer) writes:

> >>Hello all,
> >>      Could somebody please tell me how to change the splash screen that
> >>appears when i start up my object engine (Virtual machine. . .whatever
> >>u prefer )  in Visual Works 2.5 ? (The black & red one that says
> >>Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )

> >>thanks. . .

> >>Sam Hammer

> You can choose two things:
> a: to supress the splash screen alltogether your command line to start VW
> should look like: ' VW.EXE -nologo your_image.im'
> b: You can relink VM with your own bitmap to replace
> >> (The black & red one that says
> >>Visual works , Parcplace etc . . )

> But then you still see the copyright note (C) Parcplce-Digitalk....

> If you need more details e-mail me.
> Mark

You can provide your own notice in place of the PPD notice by changing
the version string
in customiz.c, then compile and link the object engine.

Dan

Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VW 2.5 (and 3.0) change of startup picture

2. VW 2.5 change of startup picture

3. Help: VW Smalltalk 2.5

4. HELP: VW 2.5 Mac -> WinNT Port

5. HELP (VW 2.5): Windows version

6. Need VW 2.5 Help

7. Stone Age text editing in VW 2.5

8. Sound in VW 2.5

9. VW 2.5 Rubberbanding, howto?

10. VWave 1.0 (VW 2.5 may apply)

11. VW 2.5 MultiRow Select Table Widget Needed

12. VW 2.5 menuBar hide, show