most frequently asked questions
Author Message
 most frequently asked questions

There are several Smalltalk FAQs, such as http://www.*-*-*.com/
and http://www.*-*-*.com/
They are big.  This is the Smalltalk most-frequently-asked-questions (MFAQ)
document that answers the questions "where do I get the Smalltalk FAQ"
(see above) and "where are the Smalltalk archives".  Questions like "is
there a free Smalltalk available" or "what Smalltalk books are available"
are in the FAQ.

Although there are lots of places that have a few Smalltalk files,
there is only one "Smalltalk archive".  You can get to it as
st.cs.uiuc.edu by anonymous ftp and on the WWW as http://www.*-*-*.com/

There is lots and lots of software in the archive.  Some are great.
There are reusable class libraries, games, development tools, and
lots of "goodies", which are little additions to the standard
programming envirnment or class libraries.  Most of the code is for
Smalltalk-80, though there is some Smalltalk-V code.  We'd be happy
to offer more Smalltalk-V, VisualAge, Smalltalk Agents, etc code if
you send it in.

Feel free to try what is there, improve it, comment on it in
comp.lang.smalltalk, and submit your own stuff.

Note that some of the material is covered by the GNU Copyleft, though
most is not.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. most frequently asked questions

2. most frequently asked questions