SST error: evaluation copy
Author Message
 SST error: evaluation copy

We have installed VA 4.5 server smalltak on an NT server. The app runs as a
service without any problems in the development environment. When we are
trying to run it from the server Smalltalk installation, the application
generates an error and the following message gets written out to the
transcript file:

Error: You are running an evaluation copy of VisualAge. Your evaluation period
has expired. Exiting.

I looked in deja and it looks like somebody was having the same problem with
an AIX server, however I was unable to apply the proposed solution for AIX
to our NT installation.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA,
Vladimir

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SST error: evaluation copy
We had this same problem when trying to launch an ICX with the server
runtime (esvio).  It turns out, we had to have an INI file (name must
match the .ICX filename) in the same location as the .ICX file.  This
INI file must have the server runtime license keys within (you can just
copy/paste the server runtime section from your abt.ini or esvio.ini -
depending upon which ini you applied the license keys to).  Good luck.

Matt

Quote:

> We have installed VA 4.5 server smalltak on an NT server. The app runs as a
> service without any problems in the development environment. When we are
> trying to run it from the server smalltalk installation, the application
> generates an error and the following message gets written out to the
> transcript file:

> Error: You are running an evaluation copy of VisualAge. Your evaluation period
> has expired. Exiting.

> I looked in deja and it looks like somebody was having the same problem with
> an AIX server, however I was unable to apply the proposed solution for AIX
> to our NT installation.

> Any help will be appreciated.

> TIA,
> Vladimir

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SST error: evaluation copy

: We had this same problem when trying to launch an ICX with the server
: runtime (esvio).  It turns out, we had to have an INI file (name must
: match the .ICX filename) in the same location as the .ICX file.  This
: INI file must have the server runtime license keys within (you can just

Thanks a lot!

Vladimir

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SST error: evaluation copy
We have a similar problem as Vladimir, i.e., the server application runs ok
from the development environment (windows nt).
When we try to run it from the server installation (again windows nt), we
get the following error message:
--------------------------
1) Primitive failed in: AbtImageIdentity class>>#primEvaluationDaysRemaining
due to OS error126

Process reportError: Primitive failed in: AbtImageIdentity
class>>#primEvaluationDaysRemaining due to OS error126
--------------------------

We tried with the license keys in the .ini file (the tip given to Vladimir),
but then we got the following message:
--------------------------
1) Primitive failed in: AbtImageIdentity
class>>#primRevalidateProduct:cookie:custnum:key: due to OS error126

Process reportError: Primitive failed in: AbtImageIdentity
class>>#primRevalidateProduct:cookie:custnum:key: due to OS error126
--------------------------

Thanks for any help
Stefanie

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SST error: evaluation copy
We found the solution to our problem with the server application. We were
just missing a DLL on the server installation.

Stefanie.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SST error: evaluation copy

Quote:
> We were just missing a DLL on the server installation.

We have the same problem, could you please name the DLL!
Thank u

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. An SST error occurred during method invocation

2. C5 Evaluation Copy?

3. Evaluation Copy

4. Free evaluation copy HLASM analysis tool (Linux)

5. Free evaluation copy HLASM analysis tool (Linux)

6. VA: 3.0a Evaluation Copy Problem

7. Timed Evaluation Copy

8. IBM Object REXX for Windows Evaluation copy available

9. Need for Evaluation Copy of Eiffel 5

10. Why does my Labview evaluation copy quickly expire?

11. VO evaluation copy ftp-able

12. Evaluation Copy Available for ClipX(tm) by IntraSys International