VW2.0 - Data Modeler
Author Message
 VW2.0 - Data Modeler

I have the following situation:

I've got an object "Alpha" wich will be persistent in Sybase. This object has
an instance variable that is an ordered collection of object "Beta". Beta
will be also persistent.

How do I specify in  the data modeler this relationship?  How do I tell him
this instance variable is an ordered collection?  Do I need more than two
tables in Sybase to specify this data model (assuming I normalize the tables
and the relationship is one-to-many)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Happy New Year :-).

Fri, 20 Jun 1997 20:02:56 GMT
 VW2.0 - Data Modeler

Quote:
>I have the following situation:

>I've got an object "Alpha" wich will be persistent in Sybase. This object
>has
>an instance variable that is an ordered collection of object "Beta". Beta
>will be also persistent.

>How do I specify in  the data modeler this relationship?  How do I tell him
>this instance variable is an ordered collection?  Do I need more than two
>tables in Sybase to specify this data model (assuming I normalize the
>tables
>and the relationship is one-to-many)?

>Any help will be appreciated.

>Happy New Year :-).

Synchronicity does this automatically for you with two tables and
autogenerates the methods to manage the relationships between objects in
the application, so I would take a look at what Synchronicity does and try
to mimic it in VW.

Easel Corp.                                  (via Galahad bix blinker)

Fri, 20 Jun 1997 19:09:56 GMT

1. Problem with Data Modeler

2. VW5i.2/Postgresql: data modeler

3. Data Modeler Question

4. Data Modeler 5.1000a Update Available

5. C5: Data Modeler Error Message

6. data modeler

7. Data Modeler

8. Report/Presentation Mgr, Data Modeler

9. Report/Presentation Mgr, Data Modeler

10. Data Modeler?

11. Data Modeler / Dictionary to Text Export

12. Help with Data Forms and Searching (VW2.0)