How to start a usenet news group ?
Author Message
 How to start a usenet news group ?

Sorry this isn't actually about Smalltalk, but I thought someone might
know...

Does anyone know where I would go to create a Usenet news group ? A friend
wants to create one for a non-computing-related matters.

Best wishes,

Ken Lee

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?

Quote:

> Sorry this isn't actually about Smalltalk, but I thought someone might
> know...

> Does anyone know where I would go to create a Usenet news group ? A friend
> wants to create one for a non-computing-related matters.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/

Reinout Heeck
-------------

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?
Reinout -

Thanks !

Quote:
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?
Sorry , we have decided that all usenet news groups from now on must be
about promoting Smalltalk. What you should really be doing is teaching
your friend Smalltalk which of course will mean that he will soon have
no interest in anything else and will be quite content to just come here
to our cozy group. If he is anywhere in the NYC tri-state area make sure
to let him know about our monthly meetings. BTW, we are starting a
support group for Smalltalkers that have had to do Java in order to help
our brothers deal with the emotional trauma.

Good to hear from you.

Quote:

--
Charles
OCIT

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?
Charles -

Quote:
> Sorry , we have decided that all usenet news groups from now on must be
> about promoting Smalltalk. What you should really be doing is teaching
> your friend Smalltalk which of course will mean that he will soon have
> no interest in anything else and will be quite content to just come here
> to our cozy group. If he is anywhere in the NYC tri-state area make sure
> to let him know about our monthly meetings. BTW, we are starting a
> support group for Smalltalkers that have had to do Java in order to help
> our brothers deal with the emotional trauma.

I have a whole team of such developers, cussing Java every day, and would be
probably be delighted to join.

Quote:
> Good to hear from you.

You too !

- Ken

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?

Quote:
> Charles -

> > Sorry , we have decided that all usenet news groups from now on must be
> > about promoting Smalltalk. What you should really be doing is teaching
> > your friend Smalltalk which of course will mean that he will soon have
> > no interest in anything else and will be quite content to just come here
> > to our cozy group. If he is anywhere in the NYC tri-state area make sure
> > to let him know about our monthly meetings. BTW, we are starting a
> > support group for Smalltalkers that have had to do Java in order to help
> > our brothers deal with the emotional trauma.

> I have a whole team of such developers, cussing Java every day, and would be
> probably be delighted to join.

Why not just say NO.  There must be plenty of Smalltalk jobs available when
people are complaining they cannot find Smalltalkers.

--
Terry
Terry Raymond       Smalltalk Professional Debug Package

http://www.craftedsmalltalk.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to start a usenet news group ?
Try creating an online community at www.ezboard.com

jason

Quote:

>Sorry this isn't actually about Smalltalk, but I thought someone might
>know...

>Does anyone know where I would go to create a Usenet news group ? A friend
>wants to create one for a non-computing-related matters.

>Best wishes,

>Ken Lee

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. New local news group on news.totallyobjects.com

2. FLORIDA FIRE VICTIMS - NEWS-GROUP-NEWS

3. UseNet news to listserv gateway for comp.lang.apl moving [No

4. Problem? USENET NEWS split

5. Some tools for usenet news, nngrab and nnpost

6. Off topic: What usenet news reader to use?

7. Number of posts to Usenet language groups

8. The BITNET and Usenet Forth Groups

9. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)

10. Usenet group for PL/M language

11. Usenet group for PL/M language

12. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)