Disabling Toolbar Buttons
Author Message
 Disabling Toolbar Buttons

I overrode #queryCommand: to enable/disable menus on my browser.  Now I have
a toolbar that also needs to enable/disable toolbar buttons.  How is this
accomplished?

Thanks -

jlo

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:19:51 GMT
 Disabling Toolbar Buttons
Jeffrey,

Quote:
> I overrode #queryCommand: to enable/disable menus on my browser.  Now I
> have a toolbar that also needs to enable/disable toolbar buttons.  How is
> this accomplished?

In exactly the same way, adding the command sent by the toolbar button in
the #queryCommand: method. In Dolphin you enable/disable the command itself
and not the source, menu or button, of the command.

Ian

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:29:29 GMT
 Disabling Toolbar Buttons
Sorry - for the double posting - my new server is messed up.

Argghh- this is what I thought.  Turns out I made a stupid refactoring error
and was calling super queryCommand more that once in the refactored methods,
which was re-enabling the tool bar items.

A nice feature that it is driven by commands, in that my state is managed in
one place.

Thanks -

jlo

Quote:
> Jeffrey,

> > I overrode #queryCommand: to enable/disable menus on my browser.  Now I
> > have a toolbar that also needs to enable/disable toolbar buttons.  How
is
> > this accomplished?

> In exactly the same way, adding the command sent by the toolbar button in
> the #queryCommand: method. In Dolphin you enable/disable the command
itself
> and not the source, menu or button, of the command.

> Ian

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:44:39 GMT

1. Enable Disable Toolbar Button

2. How to Disable Toolbar Update buttons

3. A button disables after another button is finished..

4. Selecting one button disables other buttons

5. Setting disable state on buttons while buttons are busy

6. Disabling an AppFrame Menu / Toolbar Control

7. Disable ToolBar and Main Frame Menu Items...

8. dimming/disabling specific toolbar components

9. disable delete on toolbar

10. Temporalily disable global toolbar

11. Disable Items in Toolbar

12. ToolBar Button, bitmap images