Smalltalk Needed for DEC Alpha OSF1 - HELP!!!
Author Message
 Smalltalk Needed for DEC Alpha OSF1 - HELP!!!

Hello,

We need a version of Smalltalk for our DEC Alpha running OSF1. It must
have a character interface - GUI is nice but not all of our students are
using devices that will support them.

We have requested help in the past and no one has responded to our
pleas! Is there a version of GNU coming that will compile on our
platform? At this point we are willing to explore any and all
suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Software migration team.

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 06:57:08 GMT
 Smalltalk Needed for DEC Alpha OSF1 - HELP!!!
: Hello,

: We need a version of Smalltalk for our DEC Alpha running OSF1. It must
: have a character interface - GUI is nice but not all of our students are
: using devices that will support them.

: We have requested help in the past and no one has responded to our
: pleas! Is there a version of GNU coming that will compile on our
: platform? At this point we are willing to explore any and all
: suggestions.

: Thanks in advance,

: Software migration team.

Hello,

in the past, i have posted several times, offering our ability to port
the actual beta-version of Smalltalk/X to DEC Alpha with OSF.
(without any echo)
The problem is: I don't want to buy this machine, to avoid the furter
growing of our system-platform-zoo, and DEC-germany wasn't able
(or willing) to lent us a machine.
so, if you can help us, to make any system available for approx.
3-4 weeks, we will port it. About details, please email me, if
you are interested.

by
richard

--
        Richard von Lavante             Tomcat computer GmbH
        CEO                             Fruehlingstr. 4

        ******         Cogito ergo Smalltalk         ******

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 22:38:50 GMT

1. M2 for DEC/OSF1/ALPHA?

2. LAPACK/BLAS (Fortran) on DEC Alpha OSF1?

3. Has anyone ported (a)kcl to the Dec Alpha OSF1 platform

4. Tcl7.6p2 socket error on DEC Alpha OSF1/v.4.0

5. GNU Common Lisp (GCL) for DEC Alpha/OSF1

6. gnu smalltalk on dec alpha machines

7. is there vhdl for dec/ultrix or dec /alpha

8. alpha/dec unix 4.0: Linking/ld f77 with gcc on dec unix 4

9. Rec's: Fortran w/ VAX ext on DEC Alpha running Linux/DEC Unix

10. DEC AXP/OSF1 version?

11. DEC OSF1 VRML plug-ins

12. debugging dec cobol on osf1