Smalltalk sucess stories
Author Message
 Smalltalk sucess stories

I'm currently putting together a list of successful projects developed
using Smalltalk. I'm looking for well-documented, concrete, and
non-confidential examples. If anyone has any information that I might
find useful I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me. I'm looking for
magazine, newspaper articles, papers, etc.

If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of my work after it is
completed, please let me know.

Paul

Sun, 08 Oct 1995 04:04:01 GMT
 Smalltalk sucess stories
Hi Paul,

Quote:
> If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of my work after it is
> completed, please let me know.

Yes -- please tell me where i can a copy get from

Josef
--
Josef Nerb
University of Regensburg

Sun, 08 Oct 1995 18:26:40 GMT
 Smalltalk sucess stories

|> > If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of my work after it is
|> > completed, please let me know.

In fact, please post at least a summary.

I don't have a source for you right off hand, but there is a large
Smalltalk project at Texas Instruments for semiconductor manufacturing
factory floor automation.

Mon, 09 Oct 1995 02:57:30 GMT
 Smalltalk sucess stories

   |> > If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of my work after it is
   |> > completed, please let me know.

   In fact, please post at least a summary.

   I don't have a source for you right off hand, but there is a large
   Smalltalk project at Texas Instruments for semiconductor manufacturing
   factory floor automation.

We're just reaching the end of the 5-year government contract.
Labeled MMST - Microelectronic Manufacturing Science and Technology.
The system is being commercialized under the name of WORKS.  The five
main subsections are machine control, factory scheduling, factory
planning, process control, and spec management.  I think that's all of
them.

Just some FYI.

tom
--

Texas Instruments               TI MSG:    THOS
P.O. Box 655012, M/S 463        Voice:     (214) 995-9707

Mon, 09 Oct 1995 05:30:06 GMT
 Smalltalk sucess stories
There is a rather positive article on Smalltalk in Business Week,
April 19th, entitled "Finally, The Buzz is about Smalltalk".

It cites a sucess story from American Airlines, who built  a
rescource tracking system. Check it out.

Mike

P.S. I don't read business week, someone (who knows I am a
smalltalker) left it on my desk ....

Mon, 09 Oct 1995 05:02:28 GMT
 Smalltalk sucess stories

Quote:
> I'm currently putting together a list of successful projects developed
> using Smalltalk. I'm looking for well-documented, concrete, and
> non-confidential examples. If anyone has any information that I might
> find useful I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me. I'm looking for
> magazine, newspaper articles, papers, etc.

> If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of my work after it is
> completed, please let me know.

I believe that most of the us would appreciate if you sent it to the list.

Mon, 09 Oct 1995 01:30:21 GMT

1. Smalltalk sucess stories

2. My sucess story

3. My sucess story

4. Sucess Stories with Python

5. Sucess Stories with Python

6. Stories/Experiences/Horror Stories of Y2K conversions!!!

7. Stories/Experiences/Horror Stories of Y2K conversions!!!

8. A Smalltalk success story

9. Re. Consulting vs Contracting / Smalltalk Success Stories?

10. Camp Smalltalk 2000 story complete aritcle posted.

11. The Camp Smalltalk 2000 Story

12. The Camp Smalltalk 2000 Story (Wed+)