Please Help: Copying files using GS-VW
Author Message
 Please Help: Copying files using GS-VW

Hi,

I need some help with copying files between my client user and the
GemStone server.

I created a FileOperation class in GS, with class methods such as
copyFromServer: aSourceFile toClient: aTargetFile
and:
copyFromClient: aSourceFile toServer: aTargetFile

Then I'd use a forwarder to that GS class from Visual Works. This would
normally work, but occasionally I get GS error
#rtErrGsProcessTerminated. If I view the code at that point and restart
the method, it would retry the copying process with now problem.

So what I did was try to handle the #rtErrGsProcessTerminated event,
redoing the block upon error. It lead to nothing - the error happened
again and again.

Any suggestions? Any alternatives for moving files from the GS client
and Server? Is there a GemBuilder method for doing that?

        Ofir

Go Smalltalk!

Ofir Zwebner, aSmalltalk programmer

Schema Ltd. - Advanced Optimization
Kibutz Glil-Yam, Israel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help with Unique ID generator using VW and GS

2. Help please: various positioninterpolator-type-things

3. searching and copying text in a file - please help

4. VW, VA, GS

5. VW 5i1, GS 5.1.5, image crash

6. VW/GS Remote SharedPageCache and Windows 2000 Advanced Server problem

7. Compiler directives and parsing (in VW en GS/S)

8. copying files using as a different file name

9. Copy a file in ASM routine please??

10. (VW 3.0) ImageMaker Problem (please help!)

11. Using GS and FS segment register

12. Simple directory copy routine - need help please