Access DLL in VA
Author Message
 Access DLL in VA

Hi, I'm trying to call a win32 API from VA.
Can someone provide me a sample code of how i can do it in VA ?
I tried using PlatformFunction in VA, but I couldn't get it to work.

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Access DLL in VA

Marcus,

Quote:
> Hi, I'm trying to call a win32 API from VA.
> Can someone provide me a sample code of how i can do it in VA ?
> I tried using PlatformFunction in VA, but I couldn't get it to work.

I haven't tried any of the win32 API, but I have used the inline
external function call of VA on my own library, and it works as documented:

MyMandelbrotViewer>>testMandelbrotInclusionForRe: reFloat im: imFloat
limitLoopingBy: loopLim \n
        "answers a 'confidence' measure that the point is in the set.  i.e. if \n
                the answered value = loopLim, then consider the point in the set. \n
        " \n
        <c: int32 'clsfun':  ClsMandelbrotSet_testInclusion float float int32 > \n
        ^self primitiveFailed \n

(I've added "\n" markers for the end-of-lines because I have troubles
controlling
the line formatting with my news editor.)

This implementation comes from page 324 of the Programmer's Reference
(V3R0).

Hope this helps, and sorry if I'm off-track.

--cam

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VA 4.02b need help using dll's

2. VA 3.0a - ESVM30.DLL sporadic abend in runtime

3. VA PL/I using a C++ DLL

4. VA PL/I for OS/390: DLL questions

5. VA COBOL calls C-DLL

6. VA 3.0 External C function and Crystal Report CRPE32.DLL

7. Resource DLL for VA 3.0

8. Accessing OS/2 WPS from IBM VA for Smalltalk

9. VA accessing registry

10. Need to access different printer trays on a laser printer using VA 5.0

11. VA: Error accessing AS/400

12. Direct access to ports? (VA)