Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Author Message
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
information, please see:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

-Greg Morrisett

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>information, please see:

>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
span that was possible for my schedule.

Dan.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:45:15 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Hello!

Quote:

>>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>>information, please see:
>>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/
>Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
>span that was possible for my schedule.

Me too.

Last year, I could only do the quick thing (one day), but that failed
because I had no compiler generating i386/Linux static binaries
(OpenBSD/i386 would have worked incl. static) and couldn't setup
one in the given time (not even the regular time).

This year, I'm away from in a few minutes till one week later.

Too bad... Especially after two years ago, my entry did perform
quite well even if I didn't spend too much time on it and it
wasn't *too* sophisticated.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Hi Everyone!

I decided what the hell.  I can't pass this up given the massive
discussion that ensued with our FP friends in December.   So I would
like to extend this invitation to everyone who would be interested in a
72 hour distributed coding frenzy.   It starts in 1:15 hours, at 5pm
EST, so sign up quickly so you have the option.   My main concern is the
algorithmic complexity of the problem, so you all of the Knights [:o|]
help!   Note:  I am not planning on a supernatural effort, just as long
as it is amusing.

So anyone who would like to get their name in, here are the details of
the Callisto Diamond team...

Team:   Callisto Diamond
Captain: Rob Withers    ( since I threw the entry in - it doesn't mean a
thing - I should have put Mickey Mouse!  Should I change it?)
email:...
Password:   callisto

So let's do it!

cheers,
Rob

Quote:

> A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
> this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
> information, please see:

>     http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

> -Greg Morrisett

Smalltalking by choice.  Isn't it nice to have one!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
I forgot to mention, their contest machine includes Squeak 2.7, so that
is what we'll use (free, open-source, kinda functional although we don't
have blockClosures and they aren't as pure as a Closure in one of those
other languages)

Last year's problem was a multiplayr MUD and the year before was a
Pousse player, which is Tic-Tac-Toe with a 4x4 board.  Who knows what
this years will be...

Rob

Quote:

> Hi Everyone!

> I decided what the hell.  I can't pass this up given the massive
> discussion that ensued with our FP friends in December.   So I would
> like to extend this invitation to everyone who would be interested in a
> 72 hour distributed coding frenzy.   It starts in 1:15 hours, at 5pm
> EST, so sign up quickly so you have the option.   My main concern is the
> algorithmic complexity of the problem, so you all of the Knights [:o|]
> help!   Note:  I am not planning on a supernatural effort, just as long
> as it is amusing.

> So anyone who would like to get their name in, here are the details of
> the Callisto Diamond team...

> Team:   Callisto Diamond
> Captain: Rob Withers    ( since I threw the entry in - it doesn't mean a
> thing - I should have put Mickey Mouse!  Should I change it?)
> email:...
> Password:   callisto

> So let's do it!

> cheers,
> Rob

> > A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
> > this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
> > information, please see:

> >     http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

> > -Greg Morrisett

> --
> Smalltalking by choice.  Isn't it nice to have one!

Smalltalking by choice.  Isn't it nice to have one!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/task.htm

Squeak is going to be perfect for this!  We need lots of help though..
Please contact me if you are interested in working on this.

cheers,
Rob

Quote:

> I forgot to mention, their contest machine includes Squeak 2.7, so that
> is what we'll use (free, open-source, kinda functional although we don't
> have blockClosures and they aren't as pure as a Closure in one of those
> other languages)

> Last year's problem was a multiplayr MUD and the year before was a
> Pousse player, which is Tic-Tac-Toe with a 4x4 board.  Who knows what
> this years will be...

> Rob

> > Hi Everyone!

> > I decided what the hell.  I can't pass this up given the massive
> > discussion that ensued with our FP friends in December.   So I would
> > like to extend this invitation to everyone who would be interested in a
> > 72 hour distributed coding frenzy.   It starts in 1:15 hours, at 5pm
> > EST, so sign up quickly so you have the option.   My main concern is the
> > algorithmic complexity of the problem, so you all of the Knights [:o|]
> > help!   Note:  I am not planning on a supernatural effort, just as long
> > as it is amusing.

> > So anyone who would like to get their name in, here are the details of
> > the Callisto Diamond team...

> > Team:   Callisto Diamond
> > Captain: Rob Withers    ( since I threw the entry in - it doesn't mean a
> > thing - I should have put Mickey Mouse!  Should I change it?)
> > email:...
> > Password:   callisto

> > So let's do it!

> > cheers,
> > Rob

> > > A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
> > > this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
> > > information, please see:

> > >     http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

> > > -Greg Morrisett

> > --
> > Smalltalking by choice.  Isn't it nice to have one!

> --
> Smalltalking by choice.  Isn't it nice to have one!

Smalltalking by choice.  Isn't it nice to have one!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
world :-)

For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

-Greg Morrisett

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
> world :-)

One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

-kzm

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:28:14 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE

http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
>> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
>> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
>> world :-)

>One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

Probably because this year's project was too big for a decent 24 hour
implemention? (Just my guess...)

--

http/ftp: dvdeug.net.dhis.org
It was starting to rain on the night that they cried forever,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

No good reason.

-Greg

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Yes, the Cornell web site for the contest (http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp)
has been flaky due to a bad switch.  It's been going up and down.  We've
got a psuedo mirror going at Bell Labs:

  http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/jhr/icfp

in case you can't get to the Cornell web site.

-Greg

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

2. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

3. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

4. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

5. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

6. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

7. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

8. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

9. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

10. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

11. Contest Registration (was: Re: ICFP Programming Contest (ii))

12. ICFP Programming Contest (i)