(no subject given)
Author Message
 (no subject given)

Quote:
>Gday, we (a final year project group) are having problems with our Smalltalk
>image, the problem is, that every now and then, the image seems to optimize all
>our code, stripping comments, and changing variable names...
>does anyone know how to stop this, or any thing about this???
>any help would be muchly appreciated
>Thanks Ian

When your image and changes file get out of sync, it results in decompiled
temporary variables. Trying to look at a method in the browser will complain
about an invalid source file.

Resetting the location of the files may help...
        SourceFileManager default
          file:1 name:'.../visual/image/visual.sources' writable: false;
          file:2 name:'visual.changes' writable: true.

---

Sharmila Bristol
210 Old Farm Road
HBO & Company