VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?
Author Message
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?

Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.  Is
anyone else getting it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?

Quote:

> Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
> recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
> received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.  Is
> anyone else getting it?

Yes.  It's a *very* low traffic mailing list.  Have you sent mail to it
recently?  Feel free to send a test message to verify that I'm correct.

-pete

--
______    _______________    _____
      \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
______/  \_______________/  \_____

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?

Quote:

> Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
> recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
> received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.  Is
> anyone else getting it?

I think the list server must be down unawares, because I have experienced the
same thing. I had even posted a couple of questions/ideas there, and never saw
them or heard from them.

--
Travis Griggs
Key Technology

Member, Fraven Skreiggs Software Collective
 - C for Sinking
 - Java for Drinking
 - Smalltalk for Thinking

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?
I subscribed when the list started and got no mails from it
since maybe 1 or 2 months. But I did'nt make any test because
I thought the members are sleeping.

Helmut Krendl / VAI

Quote:

> > Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
> > recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
> > received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.  Is
> > anyone else getting it?

> I think the list server must be down unawares, because I have experienced the
> same thing. I had even posted a couple of questions/ideas there, and never saw
> them or heard from them.

> --
> Travis Griggs
> Key Technology

> Member, Fraven Skreiggs Software Collective
>  - C for Sinking
>  - Java for Drinking
>  - Smalltalk for Thinking

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?

Quote:

>Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
>recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
>received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.
Is
>anyone else getting it?

I subscribed yesterday and got the "subscribed" message back
from the listserver.  I haven't received any messages yet, so I
sent off a test message a minute ago to see if anything happens.
I'll let everyone know what happens.
--
Bob Jarvis
Mail address hacked to foil spammers!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?

Quote:

> Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
> recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
> received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.  Is
> anyone else getting it?

Hey folks :-)

The mailing list is fixed now.  There was a problem with new subscribers
not being able to send messages....

Also, the server will only allow messages from people who are members of
the list.  So, if you want to post from multiple addresses then do the
following:

subject: Re:

address1
address2
address3

Make sure to put "Re:" in the subject so that the list processor doesn't
automatically try to process the mail.  If you are subscribing for the
first time, send

subject: subscribe

-pete

--
______    _______________    _____
      \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
______/  \_______________/  \_____

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?

Quote:

>>Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
>>recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
>>received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.
>Is
>>anyone else getting it?

>I subscribed yesterday and got the "subscribed" message back
>from the listserver.  I haven't received any messages yet, so I
>sent off a test message a minute ago to see if anything happens.
>I'll let everyone know what happens.

I never saw the message I sent to this list.  I'll try
notifying the postmaster to see if they can get things
moving.
--
Bob Jarvis
Mail address hacked to foil spammers!
Remove "ob" from address to reply

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?
I have not get anything from uiuc either. Who is really interested in this?

Quote:

>Has anyone been able to subscribe to this?  The doc pages at ObjectShare
>recommend this as the place VWNC questions are best submitted, I've not
>received a single message.  I've subscribed to it three times.  Nothing.
Is
>anyone else getting it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC: vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu not working?
The VWNC list is up and running again.  I just sent a test message and it
came back in less than one minute.  They apparently lost some of the
subscriptions so if you think you're subscribed by haven't seen any messages
in the past few days you should resubscribe by sending a message to

with a subject of "SUBSCRIBE".  HTH
--
Bob Jarvis
Mail address hacked to foil spammers!
Remove "ob" from address to reply

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu

2. vwnc mailing list not working?

3. NOW SHOWING - wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Recent+Changes

4. CORRECTING -->NOW SHOWING - wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Recent+Changes

5. How to connect to Smalltalk Archive (st-www.cs.uiuc.edu)

6. stupid question re:st.cs.uiuc.edu ftp

7. What's on st.cs.uiuc.edu?

8. is st.cs.uiuc.edu down?

9. VWNC Can not load help parcel

10. VWNC: aString asInteger - does not understand?

11. VWNC mailing list working now

12. Socket Accessor in VWNC 3.0?