Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me
Author Message
 Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me

Hi All
I work at company that use Smalltalk as front-end and my boss is
planning to abandon smalltalk because there arent projects im my
country(Brazil)- (City)Rio de Janeiro and must show to him that exists
relevants projects nowadays and concrets projects for the future.
Please give the name of company or homepage adress.

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:12:15 GMT
 Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me
Rogerio,

I am not sure about ST shops in Brazil, but you might want to have a
look at www.goodstart.com and folleow the link to "who uses it". There
is a list of some dozen companies worldwide using Smalltalk in different
flavours. Most of the entries also provide an email address to contact
if need more info. I hope you'll find some.

The argument you mention is somewhat weird, but very typical for
managers. Smalltalks strengths have not much to do with whether your
neighbour is using it or not, but with the way it helps you get your job
done faster. But many managers tend to think that what all the others do
is more safe for them.

In fact, many companies start to reinvest in their Smalltalk projects
due to the fact that switching to Java doesn't really bring any benefit
for many client/server projects. It just brings hurdles (due to a new
technology and a learning curve, but also due to some weaknesses of
Java).

cu

Joachim

Rogrio schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi All
> I work at company that use smalltalk as front-end and my boss is
> planning to abandon smalltalk because there arent projects im my
> country(Brazil)- (City)Rio de Janeiro and must show to him that exists
> relevants projects nowadays and concrets projects for the future.
> Please give the name of company or homepage adress.

H?slenweg 28                            http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71642 Ludwigsburg
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0            Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:07:55 GMT
 Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me

Quote:

> Hi All
> I work at company that use smalltalk as front-end and my boss is
> planning to abandon smalltalk because there arent projects im my
> country(Brazil)- (City)Rio de Janeiro and must show to him that exists
> relevants projects nowadays and concrets projects for the future.
> Please give the name of company or homepage adress.

Ezboard (http://www.ezboard.com) is written in all Smalltalk, both the
web page generation and the underlying server

Jay

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:51:08 GMT
 Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me

Quote:

> Hi All
> I work at company that use smalltalk as front-end and my boss is
> planning to abandon smalltalk because there arent projects im my
> country(Brazil)- (City)Rio de Janeiro and must show to him that exists
> relevants projects nowadays and concrets projects for the future.
> Please give the name of company or homepage adress.

Here are some lists of projects done with VisualWorks:

http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Commercial+projects+that+use+Smal...

http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Research+projects+that+use+Smalltalk

Maybe SUGAR can help you too, see their (somewhat oldish) projects page:

http://sugarweb.com/Projects/Projects.htm

HTH,

Reinout
-------

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:24:03 GMT
 Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me
Rogrio,

Quote:
> > I work at company that use smalltalk as front-end and my boss is
> > planning to abandon smalltalk because there arent projects im my
> > country(Brazil)- (City)Rio de Janeiro and must show to him that exists
> > relevants projects nowadays and concrets projects for the future.
> > Please give the name of company or homepage adress.

See www.kscape.com

Regards,

Randy

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:59:17 GMT
 Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me
Dear Rogerio,
        if you could get your boss to read the section on 'Smalltalk in Germany' near
the end of my ESUG report

        http://scgwiki.iam.unibe.ch:8080/SmalltalkWiki/117

it might help (but there again, Germany is a long way from Brazil).  Other
sections in the report describe current projects using Smalltalk.

                        Yours faithfully
                                Niall Ross

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:04:54 GMT
 Need kown projects in smalltalk , please help-me
[posted and mailed]

One thing you might want to do is look at the experience reports from the
recent OOPSLA or Smalltalk Solutions last April. For Smalltalk Solutions
you can get the reports on the web at
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions/ExperienceReportProceedings

For OOPSLA I'm less sure, although I noted, for example, reports from the
St. Paul Inc and the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board which were about
Smalltalk projects.

I don't recall seeing any in Brazil, but I don't know that that reflects
usage in general. One other possible pointer, closer to home, is the
Argentine Smalltalk User Group site at http://www.sugarweb.com/

Quote:
> Hi All
> I work at company that use smalltalk as front-end and my boss is
> planning to abandon smalltalk because there arent projects im my
> country(Brazil)- (City)Rio de Janeiro and must show to him that exists
> relevants projects nowadays and concrets projects for the future.
> Please give the name of company or homepage adress.

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:12:43 GMT

1. Please Help, I need this project by monday, or i get an FFFFF :( :(

2. Need Smalltalk Consulting help please!

3. Project Needed: Smalltalk/Oracle Developers Available

4. Smalltalk Project Leader needed in CA

5. SMALLTALK / Project Manager Needed - Ottawa

6. MORE NEEDED ON SMALLTALK PROJECT - Contract 12 months WEST TORONTO AREA

7. Project Mgr. - SmallTalk - Bilingual Needed in Fla

8. please, please, please, please, help

9. i want to start and stop counters using the same signal for my project please help

10. Please help (3rd yr project)

11. ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! WITH A COLLEGE PROJECT

12. Please help me with my first project