Fluffy toolbar icons 
Author Message
 Fluffy toolbar icons

Hi all,

    I've a toolbar and I want to show my own icons.

    For that, I've made a BMP of 320x16 pixels. I've tried 24bpp and 8bpp
color depth, and with and without RLE compression.

    I cannot view more than a sort of fluff on each button. Selecting the
DIBSection shows the BMP ok in the right of the publisher aspect inspector
but in the shell of the application don't.

    I'll try Bitmap instead of DIBSection and see...

regards,

Sebastian



Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:55:51 GMT  
 Fluffy toolbar icons
Sebastian,

Quote:
> I've a toolbar and I want to show my own icons.

320x16 at 8bpp (or 4bpp) should work, as should using DIBSections.

Some possibilities -

Quote:
> I cannot view more than a sort of fluff on each button.

That does sound a bit like an incorrect format problem. Try using a
different bitmap editor to create the bitmap (maybe even my ImageEditor
goodie?). I have come across the occasional editor that does something
"strange" to the bitmaps that seem to cause problems in certain situations -
which may explain why the inspector works but the toolbar doesn't.

Try putting copies of the bitmap into different folders. It may just be a
problem of the toolbar not being able to locate the bitmap.

(unlikely) You did remember that the bitmap offset numbers start at 0. That
can cause a bit of confusion if you do a test with only one (16x16) bitmap
drawn on the large bitmap.

Ian



Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:31:28 GMT  
 Fluffy toolbar icons
Ian,

    Ive used you bipmaps editor and everithings goes ok

thanks (again)

Seb



Quote:
> Sebastian,

> > I've a toolbar and I want to show my own icons.

> 320x16 at 8bpp (or 4bpp) should work, as should using DIBSections.

> Some possibilities -

> > I cannot view more than a sort of fluff on each button.

> That does sound a bit like an incorrect format problem. Try using a
> different bitmap editor to create the bitmap (maybe even my ImageEditor
> goodie?). I have come across the occasional editor that does something
> "strange" to the bitmaps that seem to cause problems in certain
situations -
> which may explain why the inspector works but the toolbar doesn't.

> Try putting copies of the bitmap into different folders. It may just be a
> problem of the toolbar not being able to locate the bitmap.

> (unlikely) You did remember that the bitmap offset numbers start at 0.
That
> can cause a bit of confusion if you do a test with only one (16x16) bitmap
> drawn on the large bitmap.

> Ian



Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:36:05 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Installing icon in VW5i toolbar

2. Hiding an Icon on the Toolbar ....... (AppFrame Again)

3. Looking For Toolbar navigation Icons

4. PROP:Icon and toolbar

5. Toolbar + icon action - 2nd posting

6. C4a-ABC: Icon on toolbar in application frame.

7. disappering Toolbar Icons

8. Toolbar icon size

9. Hiding Apprame toolbar's icons

10. Serious problems (with icons in toolbar....)

11. Problem with icons in toolbar

12. Toolbar Icons

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software