ANNOUNCE: Bast now available in freeware
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Bast now available in freeware

**Sorry if you receive/see this announce several times**

Are you interested by the Design and Implementation of Fault-Tolerant
Distributed Applications and/or Protocols?  In this context, are you
interested in Object-Oriented Tools & Techniques, in particular those based
on Patterns?  If so, you might want to have a look at:

  Bast
  A Freeware Framework for
  Fault-Tolerant Distributed Computing

Bast aims at helping in the design and implementation of fault-tolerant
distributed applications.  It also eases the building of reliable
distributed protocols, by providing protocol classes, as well as
centralised and distributed design patterns.

You can now download Bast from its dedicated webpage.  At the moment, Bast
is only available for VisualWorks 2.5, the Smalltalk environment from
ParcPlace-Digitalk, on Sun SPARC workstations running Solaris 2.x.  A Java
version is planned but not ready yet.  For more information on the Bast
Framework, please visit the following two webpages:

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Benoit Garbinato
Operating Systems Laboratory                     tel: + 41 21 693 52 74
Computer Science Department                      fax: + 41 21 693 67 70

CH-1015 LAUSANNE (Switzerland)           http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Bast now available in freeware

Quote:

> **Sorry if you receive/see this announce several times**

> Are you interested by the Design and Implementation of Fault-Tolerant
> Distributed Applications and/or Protocols?  In this context, are you
> interested in Object-Oriented Tools & Techniques, in particular those based
> on Patterns?  If so, you might want to have a look at:

>   Bast
>   A Freeware Framework for
>   Fault-Tolerant Distributed Computing

> Bast aims at helping in the design and implementation of fault-tolerant
> distributed applications.  It also eases the building of reliable
> distributed protocols, by providing protocol classes, as well as
> centralised and distributed design patterns.

> You can now download Bast from its dedicated webpage.  At the moment, Bast
> is only available for VisualWorks 2.5, the Smalltalk environment from
> ParcPlace-Digitalk, on Sun SPARC workstations running Solaris 2.x.  A Java
> version is planned but not ready yet.  For more information on the Bast
> Framework, please visit the following two webpages:

> http://lsewww.epfl.ch/bast
> http://lsewww.epfl.ch/garbinato

> Benoit Garbinato
> Operating Systems Laboratory                     tel: + 41 21 693 52 74
> Computer Science Department                      fax: + 41 21 693 67 70

> CH-1015 LAUSANNE (Switzerland)          http://lsewww.epfl.ch/garbinato

Does this use DST 5.6 ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Bast now available in freeware

Quote:

> > **Sorry if you receive/see this announce several times**

> > Are you interested by the Design and Implementation of Fault-Tolerant
> > Distributed Applications and/or Protocols?  In this context, are you
> > interested in Object-Oriented Tools & Techniques, in particular those based
> > on Patterns?  If so, you might want to have a look at:

> >   Bast
> >   A Freeware Framework for
> >   Fault-Tolerant Distributed Computing
> > [...]

> Does this use DST 5.6 ?

Good question!  The answer is  *NO*. I do consider providing a CORBA inter-
face to Bast.  In fact, Pascal Felber, from our research group, has been working

for over a year now to specify a CORBA service for fault-tolerance through
group communications, but we have not integrated Bast and the CORBA service
yet. Pascal wrote the following paper on the subject:

Pascal Felber, Beno?t Garbinato, Rachid Guerraoui.  The Design of a CORBA Group
Communication Service.  In  Proceedings of 15th IEEE Symposium on Reliable
Distributed
Systems (SRDS'96), Niagara (Canada), October 1996.

You can download it from my webpage, at:

http://lsewww.epfl.ch/membres/garbinato/Publications/#1996

I hope this helps.

Benoit Garbinato
Operating Systems Laboratory                     tel: + 41 21 693 52 74
Computer Science Department                      fax: + 41 21 693 67 70

CH-1015 LAUSANNE (Switzerland)          http://lsewww.epfl.ch/garbinato

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: New freeware linker

2. ANNOUNCE: OpenBIOS - Freeware x86 BIOS iniatitive

3. ANNOUNCE: Freeware WebLS 1.5 for Site Guides, Product Advisors, Tech Support

4. Announce: freeware socket hub

5. NetClip 3 Freeware now available!

6. Smalltalk Freeware available

7. Any FREEWARE setup tools available?

8. BevelTool Freeware is now available! (source)

9. IS THERE ANY LABVIEW FREEWARE OR SHAREWARE AVAILABLE

10. Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available

11. Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available

12. Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available