Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?
Author Message
 Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?

In particular are there any dialects of Smalltalk which allow you to
create *in-process* COM servers? I know there are several which let you
create out-of-process servers, but this is less convenient....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?
If you are using IBM VisualAge for Smalltalk (VAST), then there is
hope. With Auto Parts Kit from Unity Software Systems
(www.unity-software.com), you can create a regular out-of-process COM
Server. However, we've look into being able to generate an in-process
COM server with VAST. We know it is possible based on the prototype
we've built. This support is not part of Auto Parts Kit yet. If you
are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me at

Simon :-)
Unity Software Systems
www.unity-software.com

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:00:08 GMT, Nick Bryant

Quote:

>In particular are there any dialects of Smalltalk which allow you to
>create *in-process* COM servers? I know there are several which let you
>create out-of-process servers, but this is less convenient....

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

______________________
Simon Arsenault :-)
Unity Software Systems
39 Robertson Road, Suite 234
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
K2H 8R2

work: 613-726-8867

web: www.unity-software.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?
Check out Smalltalk MT, not only can you create
DLL's you can create ActiveX components and everything.
It is super fast as well, and uses os threads and native
floats.

In short, it humms, but you do need a bit of MS SDK
knowledge to make the magic happen.

Quote:
> In particular are there any dialects of Smalltalk which allow you to
> create *in-process* COM servers? I know there are several which let
you
> create out-of-process servers, but this is less convenient....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?
Nick,

Smalltalk MT (http://www.objectconnect.com) can create DLLs and inproc COM
components.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Object Arts Ltd.
http://www.object-arts.com

Quote:
> If you are using IBM VisualAge for Smalltalk (VAST), then there is
> hope. With Auto Parts Kit from Unity Software Systems
> (www.unity-software.com), you can create a regular out-of-process COM
> Server. However, we've look into being able to generate an in-process
> COM server with VAST. We know it is possible based on the prototype
> we've built. This support is not part of Auto Parts Kit yet. If you
> are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me at

> Simon :-)
> Unity Software Systems
> www.unity-software.com

> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:00:08 GMT, Nick Bryant

> >In particular are there any dialects of Smalltalk which allow you to
> >create *in-process* COM servers? I know there are several which let you
> >create out-of-process servers, but this is less convenient....

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

> ______________________
> Simon Arsenault :-)
> Unity Software Systems
> 39 Robertson Road, Suite 234
> Nepean, Ontario, Canada
> K2H 8R2

> work: 613-726-8867

> web: www.unity-software.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. To stand-alone or not to stand-alone

2. Newbie: Producing small stand-alone exes for Windows

3. Stand-Alone DLL

4. Smalltalk and stand alone apps

5. Smalltalk VW 2.0 stand-alone exe???

6. SmallTalk/V-OS/2 and stand alone .EXEs

7. libs for stand alone programs

8. ENVY in stand-alone mode

9. Stand-alone database available?

10. vw ImageMaker stand alone

11. How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

12. Select directory stand alone ABC template