Smalltalk version 4.5 and browser
Author Message
 Smalltalk version 4.5 and browser

I would like to know if it is possible to embed a browser in Smalltalk version 4.5?

Thanks,

Ted

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:10:01 GMT
 Smalltalk version 4.5 and browser
Ted,
it depends on which Smalltalk you mean.
Squeak already contains a browser (although not full featured).
I once embedded a third-party browser OCX in an IBM Smalltalk program
(worked well).
I also think that it must be possible to integrate MSIE as an OLE object
into a VAST window.

regards
Gerald

Quote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to embed a browser in Smalltalk version 4.5?

> Thanks,

> Ted

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 05:54:48 GMT
 Smalltalk version 4.5 and browser
You can integrate the OCX of MSIE or Mozilla within
VAST/Windows. The OCX of Mozilla has to be registered
manually after installation of Mozilla, but uses the
same  "API-interface" as the MSIE.

  Marten

Gerald Zincke schrieb:

Quote:
> Ted,
> it depends on which Smalltalk you mean.
> Squeak already contains a browser (although not full featured).
> I once embedded a third-party browser OCX in an IBM Smalltalk program
> (worked well).
> I also think that it must be possible to integrate MSIE as an OLE object
> into a VAST window.

> regards
> Gerald

>> I would like to know if it is possible to embed a browser in Smalltalk
>> version 4.5?

>> Thanks,

>> Ted

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:20:30 GMT

1. Smalltalk version 4.5 and browser

2. Subject: Mirror site for Product Scope 32 PRO Version 4.5 Downloads

3. Product Scope 32 PRO Version 4.5 Released!

4. Can I read files made in version 4.5 with 4.1 Reader

5. how i can get cobol 4.5 version free

6. ANNOUNCE: new version (4.2/4.5) of jstools

7. VisualAge 4.5 Last Version?????????

8. VisualAge Smalltalk Enterprise 4.5

9. Smalltalk 4.5 DB cursor

10. Is OLE Supported in VA 4.5 Smalltalk Server