Why did not Smalltalk catch on? Why is it not replacing Java?
Author Message
 Why did not Smalltalk catch on? Why is it not replacing Java?

Well, our users are a real picky lot. Also, what the developers thought
as easy for users to do was actually the exact opposite. And in the
particular example I mentioned, "pointless cosmetic changes" were not
the only things they were requesting.
Quote:

> Presumably that process cut down on requests for pointless cosmetic changes
> ;-)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Why did not Smalltalk catch on? Why is it not replacing Java?

2. why TCL and why not TCL with JAVA

3. Why Java and not Smalltalk

4. Why Java and not Smalltalk

5. Why did not Smalltalk catch on? Why is it not

6. Why Forth is not doing so well

7. Why I am not enthusiatic about OO COBOL

8. Why I am not reaching callbacks ?

9. Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???

10. Why (or why not) one module per file?

11. Why not embedded java?

12. Why not extend languages like C, C++, Java