VAST: how to set the system default font
Author Message
 VAST: how to set the system default font

Hello,

I am using VAST 5.5.2.
I would like to set the default font of my Smalltalk environment.
I know that it is possible to set the font of each window separately,
but I would like to avoid that and I would also like to get the
messages (for example those produced by AbtMessagePrompter) also in
this Style.
I searched in my image and found CgFontServer, but I don't know how to
get the right instance of it at runtime and how to set the Font using
a Font name like '-*-ms sans serif-medium-r-*-sans
serif-*-80-*-*-*-*-*-*'.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards

    -Juergen Bullinger

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:16:25 GMT
 VAST: how to set the system default font
Hi Juergen,

I dug into that code a year or so ago.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep
detailed notes or anything.  Here's what I remember:
 - you're about to see some rather 'interesting' code ;-)
 - the answer to your question is somewhat platform dependent (I ran
through it on Windows, specifically Win2K iirc)
 - there are (potentially) two places to go looking:
  1) CgStockObjects.  A particular instance of this class (I forget
how exactly I grabbed the instance; it's owned in turn by a particular
instance of CgWinServer) gets sent messages like #systemFont, which
cause it to dig fonts out of the pool PlatformConstants.  Look at
CgStockObjects>>initialize: to see where the action starts.
  2) OSWidget.  It holds class variables such as CaptionFont,
DefaultFont, etc.

Sorry, that's not really an answer, but I believe it's a starting
point toward the answer.  Or rather, an answer; I can think of a few
possible ways to go.  Curious to hear what you come up with!

Hth,
Paul

Quote:

> Hello,

> I am using VAST 5.5.2.
> I would like to set the default font of my Smalltalk environment.
> I know that it is possible to set the font of each window separately,
> but I would like to avoid that and I would also like to get the
> messages (for example those produced by AbtMessagePrompter) also in
> this Style.
> I searched in my image and found CgFontServer, but I don't know how to
> get the right instance of it at runtime and how to set the Font using
> a Font name like '-*-ms sans serif-medium-r-*-sans
> serif-*-80-*-*-*-*-*-*'.

> Thank you very much in advance.

> Kind regards

>     -Juergen Bullinger

Wed, 08 Jun 2005 01:22:13 GMT

1. Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems

2. How to set a font for a particlular window in VAST 4.02

3. VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS

4. set default font in DolphinPro5

5. Setting Default Window Font

6. Setting the default font in ISE Eiffel

7. setting the default font on all widgets??

8. Default font setting question.

9. How to set the tk default font

10. Setting the default font in TK.

11. how do I set default font programmatically?

12. How to set default font for XF2.3 ?