How to get rid of maximize button in Windows
Author Message
 How to get rid of maximize button in Windows

Hi guys,

Here is almost the same question as Richard Weimer posted here three
days ago.
We have a VA apllication (VA 4.02 on Windows 2000 platform) and we
would like to remove a maximize button but leave a minimize button
assuming we don't want allow user to resize window. The minimize
button should be there but window shouldn't be resizable.
I know those buttons are controled by the operating system (Win2000 in
our case).
Is there any way to solve the problem on VA side?
Any help is appreciated :-)

Thank you.

Serguei

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 06:50:15 GMT
 How to get rid of maximize button in Windows
Applications cannot create an overlapped or a popup window that contains
only the Minimize or the Maximize button. This is by design. Windows can
have both buttons or none depending on the styles specified while creating
the window, but specifying just one style (either the WS_MAXIMZIEBOX or
WS_MINIMIZEBOX) creates both buttons on the caption, with the other one
disabled. For documentation on windows styles take a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winu...
nui/windows_2v90.asp

Unfortunately I have no idea where would you hook it up to VA (I am not even
sure its possible), someone else has got to try to answer this part of the
question.

-Boris

Quote:
> Hi guys,

> Here is almost the same question as Richard Weimer posted here three
> days ago.
> We have a VA apllication (VA 4.02 on Windows 2000 platform) and we
> would like to remove a maximize button but leave a minimize button
> assuming we don't want allow user to resize window. The minimize
> button should be there but window shouldn't be resizable.
> I know those buttons are controled by the operating system (Win2000 in
> our case).
> Is there any way to solve the problem on VA side?
> Any help is appreciated :-)

> Thank you.

> Serguei

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:18:16 GMT

1. Tk gets rid of WM close+min+max buttons

2. maximizing windows in motif and windows

3. On Windows, don't use a maximize box if the Windows is not resizable

4. Hiding Minimize and Maximize/Restore buttons???

5. no maximize button with kde 3.2

6. How to remove minimize/maximize buttons in window?

7. how to disable maximize button?

8. Window without minimize/maximize buttons

9. Disable minimize/maximize button in a Window - VW 2.0

10. Getting rid of events in Dyalog/W

11. Getting Rid of SoftLinks

12. getting rid of punctuation