New VisualSmalltalk 3.0 arrived ...
Author Message
 New VisualSmalltalk 3.0 arrived ...

 Finally I received my copy of the VST 3.0 from Digitalk both for ST-Win32
and ST-V/PM.

 It's huge box containing the system on discs (eight) and several new
literature:

 PARTS Workbench Script Language Guide
 PARTS Workbench Reference
 PARTS Workbench User's Guide
 PARTS Workbench User'S Guide ReportWriter
 Smalltalk/V Programming Reference          (much improved)
 Smalltalk/V Encyclopedia of Classes
 Smalltalk/V TUtorial
 Visual Smalltalk Programmer's Guide

included in the package and it will be delivered to the customer in the
future after registration.

 Hmm, I opened the WIN32s-package and also: no ReportWriter :-(

 Hey Tim, when will it be ready? Is the RDBI 2.0 for OS/2 usable with
VisualSmalltalk ?

 Do I have to order RDBI 3.0 to use the ReportWriter ... ?

 Well, now after having the base package I'm waiting for all the updates
to all the libraries one is using (WindowBuilder, RDBI, SubPane ...)

 Marten

--

"How she cried tears of happyness the day the doctor told her it's a
 boy, now she cries tears of helplessness in things of all the things he

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 00:18:16 GMT
 New VisualSmalltalk 3.0 arrived ...

Quote:

> Well, now after having the base package I'm waiting for all the updates
>to all the libraries one is using (WindowBuilder, RDBI, SubPane ...)

 a) The version 1.0 from Synopsis is not working any longer. Does anybody know,
    if the version 2.0 from Synopsis is working with ST-V/PM 3.0 ?

 b) RDBI 2.0 does not work with ST-V/PM 3.0.

 c) ObjectShare announced an Update to WindowBuilderPro for about $150 (?), one
    also gets an update for the SubPanes-product (for free if ordered
    with WinBuildPro-Update

 d) RDBI 3.0 (from Digitalk) should be out at the end of this month. Price ?

 e) ReportWriter should also be out at the end of this month.

 That's the situation now ...

--

"How she cried tears of happyness the day the doctor told her it's a
 boy, now she cries tears of helplessness in things of all the things he
 can't enjoy"                      'Scorn not his simplicity', Sinead O'Connor

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:08:38 GMT

1. New tip arrived!

2. Ah, the new group arrived.

3. VW 3.0 on new Intel processors crashes?

4. VW 3.0 on new Intel processors crashes?

5. New VOSS 3.0 application product

6. What new in Digitalk 3.0 ?

7. Blinker newer than 3.0

8. Visual Eiffel 3.0 - new release on ftp

9. New JPI version (TopSpeed 3.0)

10. Variables with Fujitsu 3.0 - New to Cobol

11. Oratcl 3.0 (new source code available)

12. New release for TE-ini (for ACL4W 3.0 and 3.0.1)