Model-View-Controller
Author Message
 Model-View-Controller

Does anyone know of any papers published about the Model-View-Controller
design method? (I've seen something about this in a Digitalk manual).

I've not been able to find anything in a literature search, and a friend
at Xerox PARC came up empty as well (I was assuming that the technique
was developed at PARC).

Any pointers to papers would be appreciated. (Please respond via email as
I suspect my question is at too simple a level for this group).

Mike Durket

Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:51:35 GMT
 Model-View-Controller

writes:

Quote:
> Does anyone know of any papers published about the Model-View-Controller
> design method? (I've seen something about this in a Digitalk manual).

According to 'SmalltalkFAQ' from ftp: on
XCF.Berkeley.EDU/pub/misc/smalltalk/SmalltalkFAQ

Quote:
>Look at Chapter 10 in the following book that just came out:

>Programming in an Object-Oriented Environment,
>by Raimund K. Ege

>Academic Press, Inc., San Diego, CA, 1992, hardcover,
>ISBN 0-12-232930-9

>        Smalltalk-80: A Practical Introduction
>        (ISBN 0-273-03105-8)

>        by Philip D. Gray & Ramzan Mohamed, 1990
>        and published by Pitman (at least in the UK)

>contains two chapters on interactive applications and the MVC.

>(1) A Cookbook for using the Model-View-Controller User Interface
>Paradigm in Smalltalk-80 by Glenn E. Krasner and Stephen T. Pope,
>Journal of Object-Oriented Programming, volume 1 number 3, pp. 26-49,
>1988

>(2) Applications Programming in Smalltalk-80: How to Use
>Model-View-Controller (MVC) by Steve Burbeck, Softsmarts, Inc.,
>copyright 1987.
> I've not been able to find anything in a literature search, and a friend
> at Xerox PARC came up empty as well (I was assuming that the technique
> was developed at PARC).

Also, According to "Object Oriented Programming - An Evolutionary
Approach" by Brad.J Cox, 1986, PPI, In. On Chapter 9, section 2,
"Trygve Reenskaug from Norway invented the idea of "Model-View-Controller"
in his research at PARC." This was a cite from "Object Oriented
Programming on the Macintosh (Apple Press, 1986).

However, when I attended Smalltalk course at Tektronix on 1985,
I used a paper something like "Application programming by Smalltalk-80
- Model-View-Controller" by Ward Cunningham, Tektronix 1985.

Quote:

--

Wed, 01 Jan 1997 14:15:43 GMT
 Model-View-Controller

Mike Durket

Mon, 06 Jan 1997 05:28:39 GMT

1. C++/Views: A Model-View-Controller Library for C++

2. Looking for implementation info on Composite Model-View-Controller architecture

3. Model View Controller

4. Model View Controller

5. Looking for info about Model-View-Controller paradigm

6. Model View Controller and Ada 95

7. The origin of Model-View-Controller

8. Model-View-Controller concepts...

9. model-view-controller info