A code for checking a bank balance from a given date
Author Message
 A code for checking a bank balance from a given date

 I hope that the experts will forgive our silly question but we have just
started to learn programing for the first time.
The problem is that we are trying to write a simple code to track a bank
balance from a given date and how much should be paid. To do this we (THINK?)
that we need to write  a code for tracking the date when we first opened the
account and how much interest has been paid depending on how long ago the
account was opened. Interest is paid only if the account has been opened within
the last x days . Do we need to write an instance method/variable, perhaps
called getDate, getDate:. howMuchInterest:, interestRate

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 A code for checking a bank balance from a given date

Quote:
> I hope that the experts will forgive our silly question but we have just
>started to learn programing for the first time.
>The problem is that we are trying to write a simple code to track a bank
>balance from a given date and how much should be paid. To do this we
(THINK?)
>that we need to write  a code for tracking the date when we first opened
the
>account and how much interest has been paid depending on how long ago the
>account was opened. Interest is paid only if the account has been opened
within
>the last x days . Do we need to write an instance method/variable, perhaps
>called getDate, getDate:. howMuchInterest:, interestRate

There is a good starting point in the PersonalMoney example in Dolphin
Smalltalk.  Try downloading from

http://www.object-arts.com/Downloads.htm

and looking at the example application

Kevin Ryan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: A Tcl/Tk/Perl Check Book Balancing Program (Version 0.40a)

2. ANNOUNCE: Check Book Balancing program

3. Check balancing software?

4. number words for bank check

5. bank account check digit

6. Height-balanced tree, source code wanted.

7. Date-Time/TOD clock conversion (was Re: (no subject given))

8. How to check a given class for existence?

9. Get the weekday of a given date?

10. Determining weekday given a date

11. Determining weekday given a date

12. tld.rb 0.11 - Check wether a given TLD is valid or not