What is best book to learn smalltalk
Author Message
 What is best book to learn smalltalk

Hello all,

I have to learn Smalltalk.  I need to know which book has the most
comprehensive examples and information.  I already understand OO
design and concepts and can program in C++ but the job requires
Smalltalk.  So any help is appreciated.  Please email me the title and
author if possible.  Thanks in advance.

Dean Scott

Fri, 03 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 What is best book to learn smalltalk

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I have to learn smalltalk.  I need to know which book has the most
> comprehensive examples and information.  I already understand OO
> design and concepts and can program in C++ but the job requires
> Smalltalk.  So any help is appreciated.  Please email me the title and
> author if possible.  Thanks in advance.

> Dean Scott

The Best is 'Discovering Smalltalk' by Wilf LaLonde (isbn 0-8053-2720-7)
I think it is the only good one on the market!
--
Charles Griswold

HTTP://www.tiac.net/users/griswold
Living well is the best revenge...
    Oscar Wilde

Sat, 04 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 What is best book to learn smalltalk

Quote:

> > Hello all,

> > I have to learn smalltalk.  I need to know which book has the most
> > comprehensive examples and information.  I already understand OO
> > design and concepts and can program in C++ but the job requires
> > Smalltalk.  So any help is appreciated.  Please email me the title and
> > author if possible.  Thanks in advance.

> The Best is 'Discovering Smalltalk' by Wilf LaLonde (isbn 0-8053-2720-7)
> I think it is the only good one on the market!

U should be in his class room when he teaches thou. U need to already have
the degree in ST before you take his introductory course in ST. He is an
absolute guru when it does come to ST.

brett

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites

2. good book for learning Smalltalk?

3. A good book to learn Eiffel on ?

4. good book to learn clipper

5. Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from

6. Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

7. Good book for learning Tk (w/ Ruby)?

8. Any good books for learning XSCHEME

9. Good books for learning VRML 2.0

10. good verilog book or online link to learn for begineer

11. Good book(s) to learn ASM?

12. Best book to learn NASM