Virtual Reality Programming
Author Message
 Virtual Reality Programming

Have you ever heard of "Virtuality"? This British company makes virtual reality
hardware and software. It's supposed to be pretty good. Any opinions?

I'm a C/C++/Smalltalk programmer with an opportunity to get involved in a
VR software venture. Virtuality reportedly makes a toolkit to help write games
for their hardware. If you have any knowledge about this product or any other
VR vendor, I'd like to hear your opinions. Perhaps start a VR newsgroup (I
looked but couldn't find one).

I appreciate any information you can provide. Please email me directly.
Thanks.

Chris Heider

Sun, 01 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Virtual Reality Programming

Quote:

--
Stephane Morvan

*                  Clemson Design Methodology Group                     *
*                                                                       *
* Home          : (803)-639-3755  Office : (803)-656-0837               *

* WWW           : http://www.eng.clemson.edu/dmg/people/morvan.html       *
*                                                                       *

Sun, 01 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Virtual Reality Programming

Quote:

>Have you ever heard of "Virtuality"? This British company makes virtual reality
>hardware and software. It's supposed to be pretty good. Any opinions?
>I'm a C/C++/Smalltalk programmer with an opportunity to get involved in a
>VR software venture. Virtuality reportedly makes a toolkit to help write games
>for their hardware. If you have any knowledge about this product or any other
>VR vendor, I'd like to hear your opinions. Perhaps start a VR newsgroup (I
>looked but couldn't find one).
>I appreciate any information you can provide. Please email me directly.
>Thanks.
>Chris Heider

I've seen both the old and new generation of this games.
I think the weak point is the stereo display. I've tried the old one and my
feeling was "this is the graphics of the Spectrum". This old generation was
based on Amiga platform (very old).
The new generation looks much better with texture and everything. But I didn't
try it because almost nobody wanted to try it in the coin-op place that had it.
I believe if fails somewhere.. maybe the helmet again (good quality helmets are
very expensive). Actually it is not a best seller..  infact the coin-op place
left this coin-op after few months.

ciaox

//============================================================

//     HomePage: http://www.agora.stm.it/htbin/wwx?fi^D.Pasca

Fri, 20 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. virtual REALITY - more REALITY

2. Virtual Schooling a Virtual Reality?

3. Virtual Schooling a Virtual Reality?

4. SmallTalk, Self, etc. used in Virtual Reality

5. Virtual Reality

6. virtual reality type app, help!

7. My Virtual Reality system

8. CD-ROM - VRML lion - a Virtual Reality programmers resource

9. Virtual Reality Assistantship

10. TUTORIALS: automated graphics, virtual reality, visual languages

11. Virtual Reality Toolbox for MATLAB - Interactive Demo