... Textbooks ???
Author Message
 ... Textbooks ???

Are there any "quality" textbooks around that deal with VisualAge for
Smalltalk in particular or VisualAge in general.

Please respond to either this news group or email me direct.

Thanks for you advice.

Alan Stone

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ... Textbooks ???

Please Define "quality" in this context.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ... Textbooks ???

Chamond Liu's Smalltalk, Objects and Design (Prentice Hall, ISBN:
0-13-268335-0)  has a very good introduction to OO Concepts and
Smalltalk. The examples are written for IBM Smalltalk. The Visual
programming piece is not covered.

Quote:

>Are there any "quality" textbooks around that deal with VisualAge for
>Smalltalk in particular or VisualAge in general.
>Please respond to either this news group or email me direct.
>Thanks for you advice.
>Alan Stone

John Bentley
ObjectWave

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ... Textbooks ???

Alan Stone schrieb:

...I think the docs that comes with VA has the "quality" your're
want, there is an intro for beginners "Intro. to OOP with IBM ST".

Harald

Are there any "quality" textbooks around that deal with VisualAge for

Quote:
> Smalltalk in particular or VisualAge in general.

> Please respond to either this news group or email me direct.

> Thanks for you advice.

> Alan Stone

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ... Textbooks ???

Quote:

> Are there any "quality" textbooks around that deal with VisualAge for
> Smalltalk in particular or VisualAge in general.

> Please respond to either this news group or email me direct.

  In the VA 3.0 documentation was a small book titled
  something like "Intro to OO with Smalltalk".
  The book was a very well put together step-by-step
  intro to the concepts and syntax of Smalltalk.

  Unfortunately IBM scraped the book when moving to
  VA 4.0.  I don't understand why because there is now
  no "Intro" level book for Smalltalk in the IBM
  documentation.

 Thanks,
 - Mark

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Smalltalk Textbook Complete

2. Smalltalk Textbook 48

3. Smalltalk Textbook 24-30

4. Smalltalk Textbook for VisualWorks 2.5

5. Smalltalk Textbook (in English)

6. Need advice: what awk textbook is for beginning

7. Smalltalk textbook

8. Useful examples of persistence in Eiffel textbooks

9. LabView: Textbooks??

10. Textbook for Advanced Functional Programming

11. Textbooks on implementing functional languages

12. textbook for teachers