Sixth session of CSTUG's Distributed Object Workshop
Author Message
 Sixth session of CSTUG's Distributed Object Workshop

Here's the information for the next meeting of the
Chicago Smalltalk Users' Group.  We hope to see you
there!

WHERE:
    ParcPlace-Digitalk
    Two Mid America Plaza, Suite 630
    Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

WHEN:
    Thursday June 19, 1997, 5:30 pm - ?

SUBJECT:
    Distributed Objects Workshop - sixth session

    In our last session, we deployed on
    multiple machines for the first time.
    For simplicity, we initially used
    DST's I3 technology to eliminate the
    need to define IDL interfaces. In
    this session, we will refine our
    object model to facilitate multiple
    Customers and Vendors (see our
    problem domain description at
    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

    Whether or not you've attended
    previous sessions, we'd like to see
    you. Now that our object model is
    deployed on multiple machines,
    things should get quite interesting.
    We're interested in hearing your
    suggestions for the future direction
    of the project.

DIRECTIONS:
    From the West:
    Take 88 east, exit at Midwest Road.
    At the exit there is a stop light, turn
    right onto Midwest Road. The next
    light is Butterfied Road, take a right,
    Butterfield turns into Cermak Road
    (22nd Street). Take Cermack to Rte
    83, take a left, go to the first light,
    take left. Take the first left into the
    parking lot. You can park outside or
    below in the parking structure.

    From the East:
    Take 88 west, exit at Cermak Road
    (22nd Street). Take a left onto
    Cermak Road (22nd Street). stay on
    22nd Street until the first entrance
    on the right immediately after
    Kingerly Hwy. (Rte 83). Take a right
    into the parking lot. You can park
    outside or below in the parking
    structure.

    ParcPlace-Digitalk is located on the
    northwest corner of Kingerly Hwy
    (Rte 83) and Cermak Road (22 nd
    Street) directly across from the
    Oakbrook Mall, behind the Van
    Kampen Building.

For more information about the Chicago Smalltalk Users'
Group, or to join our email list, visit our web site at
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Bob Hartwig, Bobjects Inc.
(Remove "spamfree" from address before replying via email)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Fifth session of CSTUG's Distributed Object Workshop

2. First session of CSTUG's Distributed Object Workshop

3. Fourth session of CSTUG's Distributed Object Workshop

4. CFP OOPSLA'96 Workshop on Objects in Large Distributed and Persistent Software Systems

5. CFP - Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Workshop (EDOC'97)

6. Ad. Topics Workshop: Distributed Object Computing on the Internet

7. CFP: Tools workshop on distributed objects (March 8th, Versailles, France)

8. CFP - OOPSLA 91 Workshop on Objects in Large Distributed Applications

9. Sixth Distributed Memory Computing Conference

10. Ad. Topics Workshop: Distributed Object Computing on the Internet

11. CFP - OOPSLA 91 Workshop on Objects in Large Distributed Applications

12. CFP: Tools workshop on distributed objects (March 8th, Versailles, France)