Text Editor Widget
Author Message
 Text Editor Widget

How can I print a string on a Text Editor widget?
Could someone help me, with a simple example, to understand how to access and refresh Text Editor Widget?
N.S.

--
Sent by philcore from tiscalinet  within field it

Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:11:27 GMT
 Text Editor Widget
Which Smalltalk are you using?

Quote:

> How can I print a string on a Text Editor widget?
> Could someone help me, with a simple example, to understand how to access and refresh Text Editor Widget?
> N.S.

> --
> Sent by philcore from tiscalinet  within field it
> This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.

H?slenweg 28                            http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71642 Ludwigsburg
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0            Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1

Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:49:51 GMT
 Text Editor Widget
I'm using VisualWorks 5i.2 non-Commercial.
N.S.

Quote:

>Which smalltalk are you using?

>> How can I print a string on a Text Editor widget?
>> Could someone help me, with a simple example, to understand how to access

and refresh Text Editor Widget?

Quote:
>> N.S.

>> --
>> Sent by philcore from tiscalinet  within field it
>> This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.

>--

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 02:06:45 GMT
 Text Editor Widget
You have an ApplicationModel subclass with a text widget in it.  If you
look at your class, you will notice an instance variable of the same
name as the one you assigned on the property sheet.  If you don't have
one, then re-edit the canvas, give it an aspect and an id, and then
re-install it.  Then hit the 'define' button on the canvas tool.

Now, suppose you called the aspect 'myText'.  The following method would
load the text from a file and dump it into the widget at startup:

initialize
        | file |

        super initialize.
        file := 'myTextFile.txt' asFilename.
        self myText value: file contentsOfEntireFile.

Quote:

--
James A. Robertson
Product Manager (Smalltalk), Cincom

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 02:27:24 GMT
 Text Editor Widget
Check with the Lesson Browser...
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/pub/SLesson.zip
Very pretty and useful tool for beginners. Also documentation in the
($VISUALWORKS)\doc folder is an extremely useful place to look into.

-Boris

Quote:
> I'm using VisualWorks 5i.2 non-Commercial.
> N.S.

> >Which smalltalk are you using?

> >> How can I print a string on a Text Editor widget?
> >> Could someone help me, with a simple example, to understand how to
access
> and refresh Text Editor Widget?
> >> N.S.

> >> --
> >> Sent by philcore from tiscalinet  within field it
> >> This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.

> >--
eb  -----
>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
groups
>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 02:26:24 GMT
 Text Editor Widget
Thank you James, thank you Boris.
N.S. (Nicola Serra)

writes:

Quote:
>You have an ApplicationModel subclass with a text widget in it.  If you
>look at your class, you will notice an instance variable of the same
>name as the one you assigned on the property sheet.  If you don't have
>one, then re-edit the canvas, give it an aspect and an id, and then
>re-install it.  Then hit the 'define' button on the canvas tool.

>Now, suppose you called the aspect 'myText'.  The following method would
>load the text from a file and dump it into the widget at startup:

>initialize
>    | file |

>    super initialize.
>    file :=3D 'myTextFile.txt' asFilename.
>    self myText value: file contentsOfEntireFile.

>> =

>> I'm using VisualWorks 5i.2 non-Commercial.
>> N.S.
>> =

>> >Which smalltalk are you using?

>ccess
>> and refresh Text Editor Widget?

>r.

>> >--
>b  -----
>>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ =
>groups
>>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other pos=
>ts

>e.net

>-- =

>James A. Robertson
>Product Manager (Smalltalk), Cincom

><Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library>

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 04:09:09 GMT

1. VisualWorks: Text Editor widget

2. Tk multi-line text editor widget?

3. Text widgets as basic text editors?

4. Some questions on elided text in the text widget (and a few other text widget questions)

5. Making a split screen editor using Tk Text Widgets

6. a simple editor based on text widget

7. embedding text widgets in other text widgets

8. Compatible text editor for UNIX vi editor

9. Text editor with slightly fancy text abilities

10. Entry widget from Text widget

11. scrolling widgets in a text widget?

12. resizing widgets packed in a text widget?