problem witrh top-down vs. bottom-up bitmaps
Author Message
 problem witrh top-down vs. bottom-up bitmaps

Hi...

when loading DIBSections from file vs. creating one in dolphin I encountered
a weird bug. While my loaded bmps are all bottom up the ones created by
dolphin are top-down. Windows uses negative biHeight in BITMAPINFOHEADER to
indicate top-down. This is nicely to be observed in the code as height is
negated on writing to BITMAPINFOHEADER in DIBSection>>createHandle. All fine
spo far, but here it comes:
When I later look into DIBSection>>getDIBSECTION, I find always positive
biHeight regardless of top-down or bottom-up. So, I have no way to determine
this status.
I guess the problem is the reading of the BITMAPINFOHEADER, not the setup,
as the images work all fine.

Ciao

...Jochen

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:40:37 GMT
 problem witrh top-down vs. bottom-up bitmaps
Hum, made some weird code to check the bottom-up condition. Cache pixel

restore cached values.

Awkward, but works. If anybody has time to check if the same
BITMAPINFOHEADER bug on reread of the DIBsSection with GDIs getObject()  is
showing up in C++, too, I would be interested in the outcome!

Ciao

...Jochen

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:43:09 GMT

1. Is Prolog top-down or bottom-up scheme?

2. Top Down - Bottom Up - Inside Out

3. Anagram Assist and TopDown vs. BottomUp

4. Process file from bottom to top

5. Window to top or bottom api wont work

6. Scroll from bottom to top

7. Example of Menu with Choices to Quit at Top and Bottom

8. help: setting top and bottom shadow colors??

9. Desk top vs lap top

10. lap top vs desk top

11. console app vs *.com (bottom line diff!)

12. Scroll from down to top