Shortcomings of Digitalk PARTS RDBI when using stored procs
Author Message
 Shortcomings of Digitalk PARTS RDBI when using stored procs

When executing stored procedures that perform a SELECT statement,  and
the stored proc is called from a SQL Library part, it seems that
there are memory resources or other finite resources that run out because
after executing more or less 10 times the stored proc, the app hangs
and generates a error message saying that the sql server has a problem.

If instead of "exec get_accounts" one puts "select acct_num from acct"
in the SQL Library part, then there is no problem.  The problem is only
when executing stored procs that return data from the DB.
Executing stored procs that insert and update don't seem to generate any error.

My guess is that there is a problem in either the ODBC driver or in
the SQL Library part.  I am using Sybase System 10.02, PARTS 2.0.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

If I don't get it solved, it means that I'll have to maintain my SQL
statements on the .PAR files on DOS OS rather than as in stored procs files
on a Unix OS.  Also, temporary tables and variables and multiple select
statements, which are allowed in stored procs, could not be used because
writing SQL in the SQL Library doesn't allow them.

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

- Alexis

Mon, 03 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Shortcomings of Digitalk PARTS RDBI when using stored procs

: When executing stored procedures that perform a SELECT statement,  and
: ...after executing more or less 10 times the stored proc, the app hangs

In my experience, doing anything on Windows 3.1 ten times hangs the app
(or the system).

Use NT, it's a real OS.

:)

Mon, 03 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Nested Parts in Digitalk PARTS

2. Needed: recipe for using Oracle stored procs from IBM ST

3. RDBI 2.0 from Digitalk and NationalLanguage conversion

4. Digitalk RDBI for Smalltalk/V on OS/2

5. Digitalk RDBI: How to retrieve non-columnar data

6. Digitalk PARTS using OS/2 & IPF Help

7. Digitalk PARTS using IPF/Help ?

8. PARTS 3.01, RDBI 3.01 and DB2/2: how ?

9. Returning result sets from db2 stored procs to vast 4.2

10. SQL server stored procs questions

11. Store procs in SQL

12. Calling Stored Procs via ADO