Contents of previous patches?
Author Message
 Contents of previous patches?

Blair,

Is there a way to view the contents of patches previously applied?  I'm
having a problem that one might argue appeared after applying PL1, so I'd
like to review the changes along with the many things that I might have
broken all by myself :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 04:38:08 GMT
 Contents of previous patches?
Bill,

Quote:
> Is there a way to view the contents of patches previously applied?  I'm
> having a problem that one might argue appeared after applying PL1, so I'd
> like to review the changes along with the many things that I might have
> broken all by myself :)

Use a clean image and select LiveUpdate. Select the update in the list,
right click and from the popup menu select open. This copies the complete
patch into a workspace which can then be saved.

You can usually use this to repatch a clean image without having to go
online again but this won't work with D4P1 as it has to go back online to
get the PersonalMoney package.

Ian

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 06:42:19 GMT
 Contents of previous patches?
The Source Tracking System might be what you need if you break things often
and would like to go back to your previous version(s)  ;-)

David Gorisek
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Software/8887/

Quote:
> Blair,

> Is there a way to view the contents of patches previously applied?  I'm
> having a problem that one might argue appeared after applying PL1, so I'd
> like to review the changes along with the many things that I might have
> broken all by myself :)

> Have a good one,

> Bill

> --
> Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:58:16 GMT
 Contents of previous patches?
Bill

Quote:

> Is there a way to view the contents of patches previously applied?...

(IStream onURL: (LiveUpdate patchLocationFor: 1)) contents asString "Ctrl+D"

Regards

Blair

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:44:25 GMT

1. gawk FPAT patch: patch to the patch

2. PATCHES: Patch Archive Updated http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tcl/patch/

3. Corruption of field content / Content spreading over fields / NIGHTMARE

4. content of content variable

5. get the content of the content

6. REQ: P3007.ZIP P3007X.ZIP F3007.ZIP PATCH.EXE Clarion for DOS update patches

7. Time to patch the patch?

8. Stubs, plus patch, dash patch, img, and more

9. BWidget patch for plus-patch

10. Robin's 8.0.4-patched fevent patch

11. Patch for fonts on Window in Tk4.2 - I know a patch exists for Tk8