lost postings: everyone or my news service?
Author Message
 lost postings: everyone or my news service?

There were a number of postings in comp.lang.Smalltalk which I
saw between Xmas and new years which no longer show when I load
all postings.  At the same time I see lots of much older
postings.

Has everyone lost some postings between Xmas and new years or is
it just my news service, nntp.best.com?

Thanks ahead of time.

Sat, 20 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 lost postings: everyone or my news service?

Quote:

>There were a number of postings in comp.lang.smalltalk which I
>saw between Xmas and new years which no longer show when I load
>all postings.  At the same time I see lots of much older
>postings.

>Has everyone lost some postings between Xmas and new years or is
>it just my news service, nntp.best.com?

>Thanks ahead of time.

Yes, there were a number of postings in that period that no longer
appear, including an *excellent* polemic by Tom D titled "Why I Hate C++"
with which I heartily agree. Perhaps Tom would repost it?

Tue, 23 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 lost postings: everyone or my news service?

Quote:

>Has everyone lost some postings between Xmas and new years or is
>it just my news service, nntp.best.com?

Indeed. happend to me to. I posted on 1/1/96, got one response ( so it
did show on some servers) and vanished from my view. Has anybody got
an idea why?
Noam.
--

Vsoft

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 lost postings: everyone or my news service?

Quote:

>There were a number of postings in comp.lang.smalltalk which I
>saw between Xmas and new years which no longer show when I load
>all postings.  At the same time I see lots of much older
>postings.

>Has everyone lost some postings between Xmas and new years or is
>it just my news service, nntp.best.com?

>Thanks ahead of time.

I, too, am seeing problems (news server = news.vnet.net).

I have seen posting for which I cannot find the originals.
I am also seeing answers before the original questions.

What gives?

Tom Gordon
IBM Software Solutions

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sorry for the multiple and shoddy postings everyone :(

2. Eiffel/S - last posting was lost

3. Regular postings, lost mail...

4. Lost Newsgroup Postings?

5. Lost FiveWin News Group

6. lost news

7. Lost news and Web unavailability

8. FREE RESUME AND JOB POSTING SERVICE!

9. Anonymous posting service

10. Wise Instalation Program News Service

11. Free Intranet News Service from Simware

12. Gitano Software News (2nd posting...some fixes)