Communication Between Images in a Network
Author Message
 Communication Between Images in a Network

Hi,

Client/Server-Model
--------------------

An Image (Client) must communicate with an other Image (Server) and perform some works (like send a Method and recieve an answer). The both images are running on different
nodes. How can I do this, Are there some Examples or Hints.

I use VisualWorks? Release 2.0 (with Sockets) under solaris (unix) Sun/X11 machines.

Please send some examples or ftp-sites about communication with or without Sockets.

Thank you very much!!!

--
Fredj Dridi
DFKI Kaiserslautern

Sun, 02 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Communication Between Images in a Network

Quote:

> An Image (Client) must communicate with an other Image (Server) and perform some work
> (like send a Method and recieve an answer).

I guess you are looking for public-domain software, so do not want to use HP Distributed Smalltalk.
In the Smalltalk archives, you will find a goodie called :
        RemoveInvocation.st
However, this needs to be ported to VW2.0 first.

I have an enhanced version of this tool (including object copying, multiple name servers,
better performance, etc.) running on VW2.0 which I may release in the future, but do not
hold your breath...

Jean-Jacques Moreau.

--
  Hewlett-Packard Laboratories Bristol        http://jmoreau.hpl.hp.com/

  Bristol BS12 6QZ, UK                                tel +44 117-9228764

Mon, 03 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. VisualWorks 2.5.1: Image to Image Communication

2. Image to Image Communication?

3. APL2 Network Communication

4. Network communication

5. Linux Port IO and Network Communications?

6. network DDE communication

7. Applications communication without network adapter

8. HOW Network Communication in TSModula-2

9. Heterogeneous network communication and ADA

10. IPX NetWork communication

11. text-based network communication

12. non blocking mode for network communications