VisualWorks for PC shareware???
Author Message
 VisualWorks for PC shareware???

I'm looking for a "shareware" ;) copy of VisualWorks for PC.
Thanks.

-- =

Jaime Iniesta Alem=E1n

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VisualWorks for PC shareware???

Quote:

> I'm looking for a "shareware" ;) copy of VisualWorks for PC.

That ;) is somewhat out of place here. A "shareware" copy of
VisualWorks for PC is a stolen copy.

If you're a student, you should check with your distributor
for a reduced educational price. Or you can download
LearningWorks which is based on (and I think, includes)
VisualWorks.

If you don't insist on VisualWorks, there are various good free
Smalltalks for PC. At the moment, I absolutely favor Squeak
because it's fun, fun, fun.
For more serious work, you should look into Smalltalk Express.
It's somewhat dated, but it gives you native widgets under Windows,
which is what many people want.

Look here for references to various Smalltalks, including free ones:
http://www.oti.com/jeffspg/smaltalk.htm

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VisualWorks for PC shareware???

Quote:
>I'm looking for a "shareware" ;) copy of VisualWorks for PC.

VisualWorks is a commercial product, there is no shareware
version.  However, there are free smalltalks available.
I recommend that you get Smalltalk Express from ObjectShare.
http://www.objectshare.com.  You can also get there from the
ParcPlace web site, the VisualWorks vendor, at
http://www.parcplace.com.

Terry Raymond       Smalltalk Professional Debug Package
Crafted Smalltalk   *Breakpoints* and *Watchpoints* for
19 Tilley Ave.                  VW and ENVY/Developer
Newport, RI  02840

http://www.craftedsmalltalk.com

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VisualWorks for PC shareware???

: If you don't insist on VisualWorks, there are various good free
: Smalltalks for PC. At the moment, I absolutely favor Squeak
: because it's fun, fun, fun.

Squeak is cool, isn't it?  It wouldn't do to develop shrinkwrap software
in, but it has that special quality about it.  Sort of reminds me of
Smalltalk/V DOS and Smalltalk/V 286, but it's even cooler.

I suppose it could be done to fake an MDI application in Squeak.  ;)

Carl

 author of Liberty BASIC, a 1996 PC Magazine Awards Finalist!
 http://world.std.com/~carlg/basic.html

Wed, 29 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. (New) Shareware APL available for IBM PC / DOS world

2. Shareware or Freeware Eiffel Compiler for PC

3. PD/Shareware LOGO for PC's?

4. Shareware LOGO on PC ?

5. Shareware Version of Rexx for PCs?

6. Shareware Graphics Library for PC with 16 millions colors

7. Looking for shareware Modula-2 compiler for PC

8. Freeware/Shareware Verilog Analyser/Simulator for PC

9. Shareware PC version

10. Shareware Assembler for IBM PC

11. CD-ROM of PC ASM Shareware

12. CD-ROM with PC ASM Shareware