Automation control of MS Word; problem inspecting the document
Author Message
 Automation control of MS Word; problem inspecting the document

Hi Blair,

I'm trying to extend the IDispatch examples to get Word to create and print
a document - it's almost working.  One interesting thing is that I'm getting
a walkback (stack inserted below) whenever I try to inspect either the
'ActiveDocument' property, or an instance variable that (I think<g>) should
hold the same thing.  Perhaps it's as simple as the document doesn't have
type info, or maybe it's not properly down cast, etc.

It appears not to be caused by my hot fix to #onTypeInfo:; the problem
persists if I comment out the inserted #asParameter and fire up another
instance of Word.  However, there might still be something tied either the
current Dolphin or Windows session???

So far, I can paste a string into a new document (no formatting yet, but,
that's ok) and get it to print to the default printer.  The fun started when
I wanted to look at the IDL to figure out whether I can invoke the print
dialog to choose the printer.  That's optional, so it might be time to
concentrate on building useful content into the document.

Have a good one,

Bill

11:00:45 AM, Tuesday, November 06, 2001: 'The RPC server is unavailable.
(16r6BA: The RPC server is unavailable.)'
ITypeInfo(ExternalStructure)>>hresultError:
ITypeInfo(ExternalStructure)>>invalidCall
ITypeInfo>>GetFuncDesc:ppFuncDesc:
ITypeInfo>>getFuncDesc:
ITypeInfo>>funcDescAt:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>funcDescAt:
[] in TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>functions
Interval>>collect:
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXTypeInfoAnalyzer)>>functions
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXInterfaceTypeAnalyzer)>>methods
TKindInterfaceAnalyzer(AXInterfaceTypeAnalyzer)>>inspectableProperties
AXInspector>>getFieldList
AXInspector(Inspector)>>object:
AXInspector class(Inspector class)>>shellOn:
IDispatch(Object)>>inspect
Inspector>>inspectIt
EventMessageSend(MessageSend)>>value
[] in EventMessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>value
EventMessageSequence>>do:
EventMessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>value
EventsCollection>>triggerEvent:
ListPresenter(Object)>>trigger:
[] in ListView(View)>>onActionPerformed
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
ListView(View)>>onActionPerformed
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>onActionPerformed
ListPresenter(Presenter)>>onActionPerformed
ListView(View)>>performAction
ListPresenter(Presenter)>>performAction
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>onLeftButtonDoubleClicked:
ListPresenter(Presenter)>>onLeftButtonDoubleClicked:
ListView(View)>>wmLButtonDblClk:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ShellView(View)>>isDialogMessage:
ShellView>>preTranslateMouseInput:
ShellView(View)>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:14:36 GMT

1. problem controlling MS Word from Python

2. Ms-WORD automation

3. OLE Automation with MS Word

4. Win32 COM (MS Word Automation) Question

5. Printing MS-WORD documents

6. Re : Reading MS Word Document

7. The best solution for printing report into MS Word document

8. Printing Report to MS Word Document

9. MS Word Documents

10. Clipper ->MS Word document?

11. Write a MS Word document ?

12. Wanted: module to access MS-Word Documents