Smalltalk Win95 / NT Getting IP address
Author Message
 Smalltalk Win95 / NT Getting IP address

Hi,
I need to know how to get the IP address from windows using dolphin
Smalltalk.
in c i would call the winapi gethostname, then gethostbyname.
or read the registry, which is tricky, since 95 and nt are built
different.

can anyone help ?
thanks in adavance
jp.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk Win95 / NT Getting IP address

Quote:
> Hi,
> I need to know how to get the IP address from windows using dolphin
> smalltalk.
> in c i would call the winapi gethostname, then gethostbyname.
> or read the registry, which is tricky, since 95 and nt are built
> different.

Assuming you have the SocketConnection package installed it looks
like you'd use InternetAddress class>>localHost to create an
instance of InternetAddress containing the local machine's address,
at which point you can grab the address by using
InternetAddress>>asParameter.  Hope this helps.
--
Bob Jarvis
Mail address hacked to foil spammers!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Anyway to get the server ip address not the browser ip address

2. Getting the IP Address within RB

3. getting current ip-address

4. Winsock Woes - Getting IP Address

5. Getting Client's IP Address

6. Getting the dynamic IP address of a dialup interface (ppp0)

7. getting the IP address of the local machine

8. Getting local IP address...

9. Getting ip address and browser info

10. getting clients ip address

11. IP-Address of NT-Client in VA-ST 4.0

12. I want to delete IP address in the DHCP manager(Windows NT) by VIs