ADK - Newbie Question
Author Message
 ADK - Newbie Question

Hi,

I'm using Dolphin 3.0 (with latest updates) and I am having a problem with
the following;

searchDefinitions

  | searchFor |
  searchFor := Prompter prompt: 'Enter search criteria:'
  caption: 'Search definitions'.
  searchFor notNil ifTrue:[
  self model searchValue: searchFor].

This works OK when called from WorkSpace but when deployed with ADK I get;

        'invalid arg1: Cannot coerce a SmallInteger to lpstr'.

Using 'self halt'. immediately before and after, the offending line would
seem to be 'searchFor := Prompter prompt: 'Enter search criteria:'

I have tried the various options re stripping redundant methods etc, but so
far I haven't been able to overcome the problem.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:45:26 GMT
 ADK - Newbie Question
Don,

Quote:
> This works OK when called from WorkSpace but when deployed with ADK I get;

>         'invalid arg1: Cannot coerce a SmallInteger to lpstr'.

This sounds very much like a known problem with 3.0, for which Blair posted
the attached patch.

Ian

begin 666 Image_filespec.st

M86=E(&-A=&5G;W)I97-&;W(Z("-F:6QE4W!E8R%A8V-E<W-I;F<A<'5B;&EC

`
end

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:58:16 GMT

2. ADK/Lagoon crashes during build

3. ADK?

4. Not a newbie, but a newbie question...

5. Trivial Newbie Question (Newbie)

6. Newbie Question: Realbasic Question

7. Yet another question on system calls(newbie question)

8. question on event-generated errors (was Re: newbie TkCon question)

9. Newbie Newbie, we are all Newbie to something

10. A few more newbie questions..

11. Newbie question about worth of specializing in Smalltalk

12. Very Newbie questions