parser generator
Author Message
 parser generator

Hi there,

I'm searching for a parser generator like javacc for Smalltalk. So far I
got TGen, but its grammar is useless/to complicated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frank

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 parser generator

Quote:

> Hi there,

> I'm searching for a parser generator like javacc for smalltalk. So far I
> got TGen, but its grammar is useless/to complicated.

the VW Advanced Tools addon comes with a parser generator.

Just out of curiosity, what about the T-Gen grammar don't you like?  The
production grammar seems to me to be identical to YACC (in fact I'm
directly entering YACC grammars right now).  The token class grammar
also seems to be quite basic, except that you can't have overlapping
token classes.

Just curious,
pete

Quote:
> Any suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Frank

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 parser generator

Again just curious:

Do you know if T-Gen meanwhile is ported to VisualWorks 3.0 or 5i?
I have the version for 2.5 and I had to fix some failures due to changes in
exception handling (Stream pastEnd it was, if I remember correcty). BTW I also
could image a better UI for the TranslatorGeneratorView :-)
I now wonder if I will do the step to 5i and skip the 3.0.

Thomas

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Parser Generator/Scanner Generator for Scheme?

2. Wanted: parser-generator/lexical-analyser-generator outputting Scheme

3. T-Gen -- parser generator in Smalltalk

4. Q: T-gen/Smalltalk parsers generator tools ?

5. Parser / Generator Code

6. Looking for Parser Generator for VAST 4.5

7. parser/generator for GemStone?

8. Parser generator targeted to Lex and Parse libraries

9. ANN: Gray5 parser generator available

10. Gray4 parser generator

11. Gray - a parser generator in ANS Forth

12. gray: a parser generator in forth