Windows console stdin
Author Message
 Windows console stdin

I was able to get the following to work for stdout:

| os out stdout accessor |

os := OSSystemSupport concreteClass new.

out := os getStdHandle: os STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE.
accessor := BlockableIOAccessor new handle: out.
stdout := ExternalWriteStream on: (ExternalConnection
ioAccessor: accessor).
stdout nextPutAll: 'Hello, world!'; flush.

But I can't get the reverse to work for stdin--even when
I try using:
    (Filename named: 'CONIN$') readStream.
Every attempt to call any derivation of #next or upTo:
returns
ERROR_BAD_COMMAND.

--
.tom

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:41:12 GMT

1. Hiding the DOS console on a console application on Windows

2. Connecting win32 console apps in subprocesses to stdin/stdout

3. gets stdin problem from wish console

4. gets stdin: Mac Tk console

5. using sys.stdin.raw_input and sys.stdin.readline together in a platform independent way

6. Problem with stdin and stdout in WISH for Windows NT4

7. stdin and stdout on Windows

8. making wish on Windows NT read from stdin

9. fileevent for stdin for Windows NT question

10. Q Porting HP Console-Based FORTRAN Program to Win32 Console

11. console mp3->wav decoder for $indows or GUI one which supports console

12. Spawning console programs with I/O redirection and (preferably no) visible console