Minor DBConnection bug / suggestion for improvement
Author Message
 Minor DBConnection bug / suggestion for improvement

If there is an error during DBConnection>>exec: the method does not
automatically free its DBStatement handle, neither does it return it to the
sender.

This means it will wait for the finalization to do the job of releasing the
handle.

If there are many DB errors it can happen that the image consumes all
available handles and then nothing works anymore.

I think it would be better to have #ifCurtailed: around this method which
would then clean up the handle right away in case of a DBError.

Best regards,

David

Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:31:48 GMT
 Minor DBConnection bug / suggestion for improvement
David,

Quote:
> If there is an error during DBConnection>>exec: the method does not
> automatically free its DBStatement handle, neither does it return it to
the
> sender.

> This means it will wait for the finalization to do the job of releasing
the
> handle.

> If there are many DB errors it can happen that the image consumes all
> available handles and then nothing works anymore.

> I think it would be better to have #ifCurtailed: around this method which
> would then clean up the handle right away in case of a DBError.

Thanks.. I've recorded this as issue number #1335.

Best Regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:39:55 GMT

1. minor, minor, minor bug

2. one minor bug, two minor problems

3. Minor header-file improvements for 7.4/4.0

4. DBConnection finialization bug

5. CW Wish list & Product improvement suggestions

6. CW Wish List and Product Improvement Suggestions(Revised)

7. CW Wish List and Product Improvement Suggestions (Revised)

8. Interface Builder vs Eiffel Build - suggestions for improvement

9. NASM improvement suggestions wish-lists wanted

10. Suggestion for improvement in Tcl's handling of arithmetic

11. build breakage and build improvement suggestion

12. tcllib: experiences and suggestions for improvement