Matrix multiplier class needed
Author Message
 Matrix multiplier class needed

I have posted this request about a week ago. Thanks to those who have
already sent an answer!
Since I need even more programs, I am posting this one more time:

Currently, I am working on a thesis about the impact of
programing style on performance (at the University of Technology,
Vienna, Austria, Europe). For that purpose, I need a somewhat larger
sample of functionally equivalent programs (ie classes and methods).

If you have already written something like a matrix class, or if you
don`t mind writing some code (~100 Lines) just for fun (and maybe also
for your own use), please read the following specification and send a mail

In advance: Thank you!

Note & Guarantee: Your program will not be used for any other purpose than
the publication mentioned above.

The Specification:
------------------
A program is required which reads two square matrices of integer numbers
from an input file and writes their product to an output file. (Both
files are in text format) The size of the matrices is *NOT* known in advance.

(Skip this if you know how to multiply matrices:)
For two matrices A and B, the elements cij of their product C are
calculated as follows (For matrix A, aij denotes the element in the
i-th row and the j-th column of A):

     cij = Sum aik*bkj
           k=1

("n" stands for the size of the matrices, and "Sum" can be replaced by
the Greek capital letter "Sigma".)

Input and output:
-----------------
There should be a possibility to specify the names of the input and
output files with the topmost method.

The input looks like this:
<n> <a11> <a12> ... <a1n> <a21> .. <ann> <b11> ... <bnn>

All Elements are integers. To keep scanning simple, they are
separated either by a single Character tab or Character cr.

<n>       is the size (number of rows and columns) of the
          subsequent matrices
<a??>     are the (signed) elements of A (listed row-wise)
<b??>     are the (signed) elements of B (listed row-wise)

The resulting matrix C is written to the specified output file in the
following manner:
<c11> <c12> .. <c1n>
<c21> ...
..
<cn1> ..       <cnn>

Elements of the same row are separated by a signle blank (or tab), and
rows are separated by a newline character.

Restrictions:
-------------

*) Please follow the specification of input and output file formats
   as accurately as possible.

*) You may develop for (nearly) any Smalltalk-dialect, but plese avoid
   everything too {*filter*}.

Thank you very much for your interest and your effort. Please send an
email containing the code. I`ll post the results as soon to this forum
as I've got any.

   Gerfried

Schindlerg. 3A                  phone/fax: **43-1-478-17-09 (home)
A-1180 Vienna
Austria, Europe

Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:21:22 GMT

1. Q: Need matrix class

2. Matrix multiplier

3. Sparse Matrix Multipliers

4. HELP: Need Verilog clock multiplier.

5. I need serial multiplier soure cord.

6. I need a multiplier !!

7. multiplier code -- help needed

8. Need Help, frequency Multiplier!

9. Need info -> implementing high-speed multipliers

10. Need help with synthesis multiplier ?

11. Designing binary operators for matrix and vector classes

12. Matrix classes in Smalltalk-80