Porting VisualWorks applications - PC <-> Mac
Author Message
 Porting VisualWorks applications - PC <-> Mac

If anyone has experience and words of wisdom related to
porting VisualWorks applications between PCs and Macs,
please let me know.  The application was developed on PCs.
Of course, we want the customer to be able to use the
same image on both platforms and probably eventually
UNIX platforms.  We are doing good object type things to
get the right platform specific code where necessary,
but I wonder about user primitives and DLLs, if any;
and any other gotchas that lurk in this area.

There's a spirit that guides me, a light that shines for me
My life is worth the living, I don't need to see the end.

Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:27:42 GMT
 Porting VisualWorks applications - PC <-> Mac

Quote:
> If anyone has experience and words of wisdom related to
> porting VisualWorks applications between PCs and Macs,
> please let me know.  The application was developed on PCs.
> Of course, we want the customer to be able to use the
> same image on both platforms and probably eventually
> UNIX platforms.  We are doing good object type things to
> get the right platform specific code where necessary,
> but I wonder about user primitives and DLLs, if any;
> and any other gotchas that lurk in this area.

  We have a TCP/IP application which we wanted to run
in VisualWorks, both under Unix and Windows. That is,
depending on the operating system, the TCP/IP primitives
will be either from Unix or from Winsock.DLL.

  Now our application runs smoothly in both platforms.
Same could be done for a Mac, if we had a TCP/IP stack
for the Mac.

  If it is the same kind of problem you're facing,
please let me know. I could dig the details of the
code to handle the different platforms (what I can
remember now is that it is in the same hierarchy
where PPS chooses the appropriate File System, for
instance).

Marcio

Thu, 27 Mar 1997 02:12:01 GMT

1. ><><><><>Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp on INT 14!><><><><><>

2. <<<<<YOU MUST CHECK THIS OUT >>>>>>>>>> 2103

3. alt pc<->opt mac key translation

4. <><><> FLOODFILL <><><>

5. >>>HELP, DECOMPILER<<<

6. <<<XXX Password>>>