ImageMaker, Runtime packager, etc, which one?
Author Message
 ImageMaker, Runtime packager, etc, which one?

What is the preferred and/or supported deployment procedured with VW5
(and VW7)? The ImageMaker parsel for 5.i4 is marked "OBSOLETE", plus
it resulted in a doesNotUnderstand when I tried running it.

The Application Developer's Guide mentins ImageMaker, Runtime package
and a goodie. Which one whould I used? What's the name of the goodie?

Thanks,

Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:06:15 GMT
 ImageMaker, Runtime packager, etc, which one?
Use Runtime Packager to prepare a sealed image.  Look in goodies/packaging
for a way to combine the VM and image into a single exe for Windows.

Quote:
>What is the preferred and/or supported deployment procedured with VW5
>(and VW7)? The ImageMaker parsel for 5.i4 is marked "OBSOLETE", plus
>it resulted in a doesNotUnderstand when I tried running it.

>The Application Developer's Guide mentins ImageMaker, Runtime package
>and a goodie. Which one whould I used? What's the name of the goodie?

>Thanks,

>--
>/ Peter Schuller, InfiDyne Technologies HB

James A. Robertson
Product Manager, Cincom Smalltalk

Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:09:55 GMT
 ImageMaker, Runtime packager, etc, which one?

Quote:
> Use Runtime Packager to prepare a sealed image.  Look in goodies/packaging
> for a way to combine the VM and image into a single exe for Windows.

Thanks!

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:22:46 GMT
 ImageMaker, Runtime packager, etc, which one?
At 18 Aug 2002 09:09:55 -0400,

Quote:

>Use Runtime Packager to prepare a sealed image.  Look in goodies/packaging
>for a way to combine the VM and image into a single exe for Windows.

The second sentence may interest many people - I remember I
tryed to test the things the manual stated out immediatly after
I installed VW for the first time two years ago. And the same
with OS.
Hope the process will be simplified(automated) and clearer
information (with examples) on this be added to the manual.

This also makes difference to dicision makers who knows little
about Smalltalk, I think.

Best regards,

---------------------------
An old amateur

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:03:32 GMT

1. Pecularities with VW-runtimes (ImageMaker) and Envy?

2. Runtime Packager

3. Runtime Packager hands off strip?

4. Runtime Packager

5. Problems working with Runtime Packager 5i.4

6. Runtime Packager Problems

7. Runtime Packager problem

8. Runtime Packager FAQ?

9. Runtime Packager for VisualSmalltalk

10. Runtime Packager 3.0 Now Available

11. Runtime Packager 3.0 Beta 1 now available

12. COM Connect and Runtime Packager woes