VisualWorks Object Engine 3.0 vs. 3.1
Author Message
 VisualWorks Object Engine 3.0 vs. 3.1

Has anyone out there had any problems upgrading from the 3.0 version of the
Visual Works object engine to 3.1c?

We are running VisualWorks on Solaris 2.5.1, and are having a problem with
the newer version of the engine.
Apparently the automount daemon on some of the machines spits out an error
every few thousand times it runs, giving a directory not found error. We
never noticed this before because (I assume) the 3.0 engine never complained
when this occured. When we installed the 3.1c engine, however, we find that
if the users are getting a file listing when this error occurs, the image
hangs, and needs to be killed. It seems to be happening in the
filenamesMatching:into: method in the Filename class.

While I need to find up exactly what is up with the automount daemon, it
would also be helpful to know what's up with the new engine. Is there a
listing of the changes in the various versions out there somewhere?

Thanks,

David Kurtz

Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:51:25 GMT

1. Object Studio vs VisualWorks vs VisualAge

2. CDD update 3.0 -> 3.1

3. VO Tools(tm) Release 3.0/3.1 Product Announcement

4. Blinker: how to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 ?

5. MswLogo V3.2 for Microsoft Windows 3.0 and 3.1 uploaded to SIMTEL20

6. FST 3.0 OR 3.1 WANTED

7. FST 3.0 OR 3.1 WANTED!!!

8. FST 3.0 OR 3.1 WANTED!!!

9. Netexpress 3.0 and 3.1 runtime rip off

10. Known Bugs in Quintus Prolog version 3.0/3.1?

11. VisualWorks 3.1 and Windows XP, any experiences?

12. ODBC For VisualWorks 2.0 (Windows 3.1)