Smalltalk Books/Tutorial
Author Message
 Smalltalk Books/Tutorial

I'm looking for a good way to learn Smalltalk.  I already have a copy
of GNU Smalltalk, I just need a good generic tutorial or manual.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Sun, 16 Feb 1997 05:57:28 GMT
 Smalltalk Books/Tutorial

Quote:

>I'm looking for a good way to learn Smalltalk.  I already have a copy
>of GNU Smalltalk, I just need a good generic tutorial or manual.
>Any suggestions?

>Thanks, Chris

I would suggest the following (see below for info on obtaining the FAQ).
I've worked Valencia's tutorial - thought it was really well done.

-------------------------- BEGIN FAQ EXCERPT --------------------------

3.6)            Is there a GNU Smalltalk tutorial?
Answer: Yes.

Date: 28 Feb 1993 03:00:10 GMT

        Andy Valencia has very graciously provided an extended
tutorial document describing the Smalltalk language with respect to
GNU Smalltalk.  It covers a wide variety of topics, and provides a
general introduction to object oriented programming concepts.

        You may FTP a copy from the usual GNU locations in a few days
(after it has propagated).  Currently, it may be found at:

    prep.ai.mit.edu: pub/gnu/smalltalk-tutorial.ps.gz  (postscript)

-or-

    prep.ai.mit.edu: pub/gnu/smalltalk-tutorial.txt.gz  (ASCII)

Check it out -- this looks really good!
-------------------------- END FAQ EXCERPT --------------------------

Smalltalk FAQ can be found here:
ftp://XCF.Berkeley.EDU/pub/misc/smalltalk/SmalltalkFAQ. Finally, it

subject line "request for FAQ". The machine XCF.Berkeley.EDU has IP
address 128.32.138.1.

Tue, 18 Feb 1997 06:14:45 GMT

1. Smalltalk Books/Tutorial - Tutorial for GNU

2. Want Intro/tutorial Smalltalk books

3. Help! Smalltalk tutorial book

4. Smalltalk Books FS: Distributed Smalltalk and Rapid S/W Development with Smalltalk

5. Bjarne Stroustrup mentions Smalltalk (was java book author mentions Smalltalk)

6. Smalltalk Book: "Inside Smalltalk"

7. Where to find books or online tutorials for Mainframe Assembly Language

8. Tutorial or book on asm370

9. Looking for Tutorial/Book for Kids

10. Good ST book and/or tutorials

11. PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed

12. earning Clarion - Chapter 13 - Clarion Language Tutorial- Problem with code in book on lastest CD.