Help Needed - IBM SmallTalk with Visual Age.
Author Message
 Help Needed - IBM SmallTalk with Visual Age.

Firstly - apologies.  I should have spent more time looking for FAQs to
help me here.  but that would have been time I do not have.  Thanking you
in advance for reading on;

Can anyone help me with the following problems or point me in the
direction of a relevant FAQ.  I am using IBM Smalltalk with Visual Age.

How can I bring a widget to the front of the screen?  I believe this is
something to do with zOrder, but can find no information on this.  Closing
and opening is not an option here.

How can I emplement a double click event from a win95 tree view?  The low
level event handlers don't seem to cover this.

How can I add an (low level) event handler to an instance of a window
class.  If I do this to a form or any other widget I am successful, but
windows just do not comply.  Even if I use modified code from
AbtBuildInitial  I still meet with no success.  I need MouseOver and
ClickedOn events.  "HoverHelp" is not an option as I need the mouse over to
be seemingly instantaneous.

Thanks for any help you can give me.  I am sure there are many FAQs
covering these topics, but I have had little success in finding any.  Any
locations of these you can give me would be immensly appreciated.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. DALLAS Application Developer - IBM Visual Age/SmallTalk, Informix, Perl and IBM AIX

2. Need Visual Age, Visual Works, and Visual Wave Smalltalk mentors and developers and C++ designers/developers

3. Software Engineer - IBM Visual Age Smalltalk, Perl, Informix

4. US-TX-Irving Software Engineer - IBM Visual Age Smalltalk, Perl

5. US-TX-Irving Software Engineer - IBM Visual Age Smalltalk, Perl

6. Software Engineer - IBM Visual Age Smalltalk, Perl

7. US-TX-Irving Software Engineer - IBM Visual Age Smalltalk, Perl

8. OOP, RDBMS, IBM Visual Age/SmallTalk, Informix and Perl preferred

9. More questions on IBM's Visual Age Smalltalk offer

10. Good Book on IBM Visual Age Smalltalk

11. IBM VISUAL-AGE SMALLTALK OUT OF BUSINESS?????

12. Cost of IBM Visual Age and other IDE smalltalk tools