Spreadsheet like tool in VW
Author Message
 Spreadsheet like tool in VW

We need a spreadsheet or something similar to it.  Does anyone know of a
tool that lets us dynamically add rows and columns to a control?
DataSetViews only allow us to add rows, we can't figure out how to add
columns.

--
Persistence is futile.
You will be aggregated...

Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Spreadsheet like tool in VW

Quote:

> We need a spreadsheet or something similar to it.  Does anyone know of a
> tool that lets us dynamically add rows and columns to a control?
> DataSetViews only allow us to add rows, we can't figure out how to add
> columns.

> --
> Persistence is futile.
> You will be aggregated...

Russ,

I know at least one of these places has one:

Free Smalltalk code:
UIUC Smalltalk Archive          http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/

Third party widget providers:
GreenPoint, Inc                 http://www.gpoint.com/
Objectsoft, Inc.                http://www.objsoft.com/
IC&C                                http://www.io.com/~icc/

Hope this helps,
David
David Whiteman                   Applied Reasoning

919-781-7997                     Raleigh, NC 27612-6344
http://www.arscorp.com

Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Spreadsheet like tool in VW

Quote:

> We need a spreadsheet or something similar to it.  Does anyone know of a
> tool that lets us dynamically add rows and columns to a control?
> DataSetViews only allow us to add rows, we can't figure out how to add
> columns.

> --
> Persistence is futile.
> You will be aggregated...

Russ,

We have a spreadsheet, which is an enhanced version of the table. It
allows you to:

        1. Use it as a drop target or drop source
        2. Resize and move columns around
        3. Switch between single selection and multiple selection modes.
           (Both VW like and Windows like multiple selection)
        4. Print the spereadsheet on the multiple pages, select
           columns/pages to be printed, etc.
        5. Specify the default font for the labels and cells
        6. Hide/show or add/remove columns
        7. Edit cells inline
        8. Specify a sortBy column or a sortBy block to be used
           when displaying the data.

This widget reimplements actions taken when a record is inserted or
removed so that the widget does not flash, but merely scrolls the
rows.

The PowerWidgets toolset also includes the Enhanced table widget
that just enhances the table so that you can select an area instead
of the row/column. It allows you to resize columns and to edit the
cells inline.

Thank you,

Vadim Sokolovsky
GreenPoint, Inc
tel: 212-765-6892
fax: 212-765-6920
http://www.gpoint.com

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Any Envy-like tools for VW 7.0?

2. OO to RDBMS mapping tool for VW

3. VW 2.5 automated testing tools

4. porting from Dolphin to VW - any tips / tools?

5. Brand New Tools (VW/Envy)

6. VW reverse engineering tool exists?

7. need WIN95 look tools for VW

8. Is there any VW-2 OOAD tools available?

9. The future of Web tools/widgets for VW

10. MPEG tools in VW ??

11. Analysis tools for VW/ParcPlace

12. VW: Reverse engineering tools