SmallScript website [Was: Creating blocks at runtime]
Author Message
 SmallScript website [Was: Creating blocks at runtime]

Quote:

> > > -- Dave S. [www.smallscript.org]

> > Hmm... Looks like www.smallscript.org is windows exclusive. It crashes
> > netscape on Solaris and FreeBSD. When I turn off javascript, it
> > then complains that my browser does not support frames. Huh?

Hmmm.

That is very good feedback. The site is being revamped, but it is good to
know what you're telling us.

That site was authored inside "RoboHelp" and emitted as a website directly
from the tool. In other words, I really have no idea what it is emitting to
provide the navigation controls.

I do know that it makes use of JavaScript [and possibly Java] to present a
tree-view on the left side for navigation and provide searching facilities.
I also know that it does not use any COM/ActiveX controls. The product
claims that it creates websites that are accessible from standard javascript
enabled browsers on any platform.

The site worked fine from IE, Netscape, and Opera under any flavor of
windows.

I was not particularly concerned about the website in its early form. But as
things progress this becomes a critical issue. Obviously we'll have to make
sure it works on the different browsers of differing platforms.

Quote:

> > I would like to visit the site, but do I really have to buy windoze to
do
> > so?

Absolutely not.

Quote:

> And under Konqueror it tries to load a bunch of Java applets; turning off
> Java still doesn't work.

> Under Mozilla it just does nothing.

Sigh...

Quote:

> --
> Ned Konz
> currently: Stanwood, WA

> homepage:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks guys,

-- Dave S. [www.smallscript.org]

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 05:55:55 GMT
 SmallScript website [Was: Creating blocks at runtime]

Quote:

>>>Hmm... Looks like www.smallscript.org is windows exclusive. It crashes
>>>netscape on Solaris and FreeBSD. When I turn off javascript, it
>>>then complains that my browser does not support frames. Huh?

> Hmmm.

> That is very good feedback. The site is being revamped, but it is good to
> know what you're telling us.

> That site was authored inside "RoboHelp" and emitted as a website directly
> from the tool. In other words, I really have no idea what it is emitting to
> provide the navigation controls.

> I do know that it makes use of JavaScript [and possibly Java] to present a
> tree-view on the left side for navigation and provide searching facilities.
> I also know that it does not use any COM/ActiveX controls. The product
> claims that it creates websites that are accessible from standard javascript
> enabled browsers on any platform.

> The site worked fine from IE, Netscape, and Opera under any flavor of
> windows.

> I was not particularly concerned about the website in its early form. But as
> things progress this becomes a critical issue. Obviously we'll have to make
> sure it works on the different browsers of differing platforms.

>>>I would like to visit the site, but do I really have to buy windoze to

> do

>>>so?

> Absolutely not.

>>And under Konqueror it tries to load a bunch of Java applets; turning off
>>Java still doesn't work.

>>Under Mozilla it just does nothing.

> Sigh...

>>--
>>Ned Konz
>>currently: Stanwood, WA

>>homepage:  http://bike-nomad.com

> Thanks guys,

> -- Dave S. [www.smallscript.org]

Works fine on OSX 10.1 using the latest Mozilla...

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:32:21 GMT
 SmallScript website [Was: Creating blocks at runtime]

Quote:

Netscape 4.7x on RedHat Linux on Intel worked correctly for me, both
Java and Javascript are required. If I have Javascript turned off I get
the rather unhelpfull hint that my browser does not support tables...

-

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:00:47 GMT
 SmallScript website [Was: Creating blocks at runtime]
Thanks for checking this out...

-- Dave S.

Quote:

> Netscape 4.7x on RedHat Linux on Intel worked correctly for me, both
> Java and Javascript are required. If I have Javascript turned off I get
> the rather unhelpfull hint that my browser does not support tables...

> -

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:24:56 GMT

1. Creating blocks at runtime

2. Creating blocks at runtime

3. Creating a control at runtime - using Create()

4. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites

5. I am looking for drivers of Tektronix TDS694C, which are not available on website

6. What runtime file am I missing?

7. Watch Clarion Related WEbsite being created

8. creating a session id for my website !!!

9. Websites created using Clarion

10. I am trying to create a standalone in Labview 6.1

11. std blocks vs blocks+cache ( was: block behavior)

12. Why am I creating named fonts if....